heeheedragon97

This is my interview with heeheedragon97

They have 1.37k followers at the moment and 6 published works including The Last of the Real Ones which is a Patrick Stump fanfic and In Love With a Renegade which is a Tayley with 11k reads.

1. You have been on this site for seven years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

I used to be more active on this page when I first started. But I'm really glad I came back to this account because it reminded me of what I loved about writing. I still enjoy writing, it just doesn't come as easy as it used to seven years ago.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I'm extremely picky with the stories I read both on the shelves and online. I mostly write here, but I will occasionally read a story or two if it catches my attention.

3. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

So far, I really like Nia from my fanfiction called The Last of the Real Ones. Not necessarily as a bias lean towards it because it's my latest finished piece, but I happened to write her to be really imperfect. I know it's hard to find that middle of making a character 100% human and making it seem effortless. I feel like I really achieved that with Nia.

4. Why did you first decide to start writing?

It's a funny story. In 5th grade, my English teacher assigned the class prompts to write in a notebook every day. And every Friday, we were assigned a "free write," in which we can write whatever we want. I had nothing interesting to document about my life at that time, so I decided to write a short story about a boy who constantly made excuses about not turning in his homework.

I turned my notebook in for grading and the teacher accused me of plagiarism. It was quite ironic because, at that time, I read stories from the Brother Grimm collection or Shakespeare plays just because I was interested in them. My mom even held a meeting with this teacher to prove to her that I did create this story on my own. The teacher also had no proof of me doing such things.

This somehow earned me summer school lessons for the English course (along with Math, which is naturally not my forte). We had a final test for this English class that asked that I write a short story that exercises expressions and such (similes, metaphors, etc.). I took that chance to write about pirates and it earned me an A. I think I only missed one point! This also started my whole writing frenzy.

After that, I kept creating more and more stories. I do it now to feel less alone and let others know they are not alone either. Though it may be fanfiction or general fiction, it's comforting knowing that maybe you're not the only one with strange thoughts.

5. What did it feel like to hit 1k followers?

Oh my goodness...I really do not mean to brag. Hitting 1K happened such a while ago. I don't remember my exact reaction, but I'm sure I grinned like a complete idiot and one of my family friends who used to follow me freaked out about it with me.

6. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Most of my writing is inspired by songs and lyrics. Since I have written mostly fan fiction, I also like to put my favorite celebrities in different lighting. It's often random questions that start with "what if." What if Patrick Stump was a serial killer? What if Hayley Williams was a troubled rebel with motives to her destructive actions? The possibilities are really endless.

7. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

I usually use the app for updating and reading. The recent update is the most unpleasing scheme I have ever seen. Also, there's a website called Ko-fi in which you can donate $3 to an artist by "buying them a coffee." I feel like the Wattpad coins would be somewhat useless and make it more status-driven instead of supporting your favorite writers. I think they should team up and have readers buy coffees for writers.

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

Sort of. I have some old ideas I really want to bring to life, I just need to think them through a bit more. My grandmother is begging me to write and publish a novel, so when the time comes...it definitely goes out to her. I'm trying my hand out in poetry, so I might post a bit of that one day and see where it goes.

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

It's more of a dream than a goal, but I would really like someone to notice one of my fanfictions and make it a movie or Netflix series, haha! Other than that, not really. I'm just writing for fun and exercise instead of specific motives.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best Wattpad moments happen outside of Wattpad, usually. I guess it's the fact that sometimes I'm just in a group chat on another app and I mention I write on Wattpad or we're sharing links to fanfictions we really enjoyed, and if I mention my username, people tend to freak out like "wait? YOU'RE HEEHEEDRAGON97??" and it's really shocking and funny because I'm just me.

It happened on Instagram about 7 years ago, actually. Someone was looking for things to read on Wattpad and they put the Wattpad tag in their caption. I found it, saw they were a Paramore fan and decided to let them know of In Love With a Renegade. They replied back saying that they read it and loved it a lot. Then, I told them I wrote it and... fast forward to now, they're my best friend and we've been inseparable since!

I've also had the pleasure of working with other writers on here too and making more friends. It's really nice that we still support each other and occasionally check in on one another. :)

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely heeheedragon97

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr