superwholock-girl 💞

This is my interview with superwholock-girl (now superwholock-queen)

They have 383 followers at the moment and 12 published works including Destroy Me Again which is a Frerard and 30 Day Smut Challenge which is a Frerard with 25k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Well, that was a little while ago. I created an account to read my friend's quote book. Then I pretty much abandoned it for months before I remembered its existence. I used it for reading at first, then I started writing.

2. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

Clearly not finding the ideas - I have dozens. I think bringing myself to take the time to write well is the hardest thing. The higher I set the bar for a book, the harder it is to write it. If I write as the words come to my mind, I know the book will not be as good as it could have been if I had taken the time to check every detail. It's not very satisfying to finish a book knowing that you could've done better.

Also, something I'll never do is leave a book discontinued. It's as frustrating for me as it is for my readers. I'd rather not publish it at all. So I guess writing takes discipline that can take away a part of the fun, but nothing is more satisfying than finishing the best writing you can get out of a plot.

3. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I really like reading here. I used to read a lot on Wattpad, but I've started getting more and more ambitious about my writing, which leaves me less time to read. Although sometimes I like to pick a book that appeals to me, and I read it all at once.

4. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

A friend of mine told me about Green Day and from there, I discovered My Chemical Romance too, almost 2 years ago. Quickly, I learned about Frerard because it's a pretty important part of the fandom, I think. I started reading a random fanfiction on Wattpad. That's what actually made me come back on the platform after abandoning it for months!

I was lucky to come upon an excellent fanfiction that represented very well the mindset of MCR. It was edgy and emo; I loved it. I'm French, so I started reading Frerard in French. They were all amazing and one about cancer actually made me cry. That's when I got hooked on Frerard and decided to write. You can write such amazing books with that ship!

5. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Not really, even though sometimes I do have a hard time getting accustomed to some updates. I don't really like the new feature that put comment bubbles on the right of every paragraph - even though it encourages people to comment - because it kind of spoils the book aspect and gives it social media vibes. I like being immersed in a story, but this update doesn't help. But of course Wattpad stays an amazing app.

6. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

Well, I use my free time to write. As a minor, I don't have much to take care of or worry about besides my studies. Sometimes I have to put aside writing to study. That's why I often write chapters in advance and keep them unpublished. This way I can update regularly, publishing prewritten chapter when I'm overwhelmed by school. I always have time to do both at some point though, for example on vacations.

7. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I want to write original books, and prefer keeping pre-used plots (like priest Gerard or teacher Gerard) for oneshots. I use elements of plot from different sources, things I think are cool that were never or badly used in Frerards before. Then I fully use the concept. For example, I've written a 40 chapters long Iero twins fic - the longest ever written I think since all the Iero twins books I've ever read were oneshots.

Other example, I've always loved Nekoverses (underused in Frerards in my opinion), mafia AUs, and making Frank a killer. So I decided to write the first book that included all of that. Assembling various elements that had never been used together can create wonderful, original plots. So in a way, I get inspiration from my own imagination combined with every form of art I see.

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

Of course! I have so many ideas yet so little time! I always write a detailed plan of every book I want to write, which avoids plot holes, writer's blocks and global incoherencies. I have in mind all the projects in my notes, so I complete them every time the idea becomes more precise. I visualize them and write down whenever text comes to my mind. That's how I've built dozens of projects in my notes, just waiting to be written.

9. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Completely, yes. First, it helped me improve my writing and my comprehension of English, of course. But most of all, I've met people from all around the world who read and support me. People different from me, which is amazing. I've learnt so much with them. And this... This is a gift just as precious as doing my art in itself. Because, I don't just write for myself because I like it. That's only a part of the fun. In the end, I write for people.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

There are a lot of good times I've had on Wattpad. From when I spend days emerged in a story I love, to hilarious debates on message boards or quirky comments on books. It's not one thing. It's the whole thing. It's Wattpad.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely superwholock-girl

Update: superwholock-girl's account has been deleted. They can now be found at superwholock-queen

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr