perfectstars

This is my interview with perfectstars

They have 385 followers at the moment and 6 published works including their newest book paper lilies which is a Matty/George and cheaters which is a Matty/George with 5k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I actually first joined Wattpad because of Pinterest links to fan art when I was about twelve, I was a Jelsa fiend, and was constantly browsing fan art.

Once I clicked it and it went to a story, and I tried to comment and vote and things so I could get updates, but you needed an account! So, as I used to be a very good child, I asked my mom for permission and she let me make an account. Thank fuck she forgot my account username.

2. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

I'm honestly not very proud of my works all together, but I really like how paper lilies is turning out so far, so I suppose I'll go with that one.

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get inspiration from all sort of things, looking at the sky, listening to music, often from reading poems or just letting myself think, which I normally don't do. I get really inspired from songs especially, that's where every story idea I've had has blossomed from. That's band wise.

For Harry Potter fanfics it's honestly a shit ton of headcannons all mashed together into a garbage hole of a fic.

4. You also write poetry. How does your writing process for poetry differ from fanfiction?

With fanfiction I generally have some sort of plan for the chapter before I write, and when I write chapters I give it a basic shell, then I try my best to make it pretty and to actually give the characters human emotions (for some reason I'm absolutely terrible at doing that the first run through).

With poetry I just mash a bunch of pretty words together and chip away at it until it makes sense, all of my writing is very dependent on my emotions for the final product. My poetry is usually a more raw representation of me, whereas fanfiction is basically just my general feelings buried into a stranger's skin, with a different personality in their heads.

5. You mostly write Matty/George fics, so how did you first get into that ship?

Once, a few months ago, maybe last year, I was chilling on account I liked to read Frerard shit off of. This account was quite popular and used to be known as ((drumroll)) PotatoYoghurt ((gasp!)).

I noticed, idly, that they had a rant book. I hesitantly clicked onto the story and began to read. I noticed that this person seemed very obsessed with a shitty British pop group called The 1975, which I had listened to once (I listened to Girls) and was absolutely disgusted by.

My suffering emo/metalhead music taste at the time was not fond of the stupid noodle heads "we're not a pop band", and I despised them.

However, after being brainwashed through many rants, I gave them another try, this time listening to a song rather questionably titled "Sex". I loved it.

I began obsessively stalking them, and reading more of this random stranger's rants, they mentioned a gay ship, and I searched and read and searched some more and realized there wasn't much to read for the pair, Matty and George. So I decided to write my own, and the rest is history.

6. I know as an author sometimes I write a line or a paragraph that I'm especially fond of. Do you have one of those?

I hate a massive chunk of my writing, if I'm perfectly honest, but my favourite line I've written has to be "You would swear he cried stars if you saw him." Because, hi there, I'm a cheesy shit.

7. You also have a second account rakishgrin where you post Harry Potter stories. Why did you decide to separate the two?

I guess I decided to separate them because I used to keep my cringe filled Percy Jackson fanfiction on my main account, which didn't turn out well, and I wanted to be able to manage more accounts and keep more themes.

For rakishgrin I have my Slytherin theme, for example. I just, rather ironically, with my 95 drafts on this account alone, enjoy the organization of separating them.

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

I most definitely have plans for new stories, I actually have a bunch I've been working on in my notes, and in my many notebooks scattered throughout my room. I will always be writing stories, my next one will probably involve girls because I'm really sick of writing about boys.

9. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

If I could change one thing, I'd like to make my massive weeb phase vanish. I occasionally still come across comments from that terrible point in my existence, which are almost always terribly awkward and jammed in the OMGSORANDOM places.

I was the type of person who named a line break Wilbur and defended fucking Snape to my grave. Oh, and I thought Sword Art Online was the shit. So. Much. Cringe.

I'd also never have published the massive source of embarrassment that is my Vampires Will Never Hurt You Frerard fic, because ick.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I think my best Wattpad moment was when Seasons (despite how fucking awful it is) started getting more attention, because before that, I had maybe 500 reads on a Nico Di Angelo fanfiction. It was a big deal that a lot of people were reading this shitty book and enjoying it and commenting and all that.

That, or when you, Starr followed me and I almost threw my fucking phone because I've loved your writing since I was a wee little emo.

Thank you for the lovely questions (:

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely perfectstars

Also I know all I've been posting for the last two weeks is interviews but I should be able to get the next chapter of Pyre published this weekend as well as a rant book entry explaining my absence.

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr