Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Running a hand through my deep purple-red hair, I didn’t even bother to liked I listened to Mrs. McLaren, the history-teacher-slash-school-jailer, rant about some revolution.

“Pzzt…” Someone behind tried to get my attention. Oh yeah, Seth the Thief-Jock.

“What?” I whispered as I leaned back. He was sitting right behind me and leaned in to speak. “Talk to my best friend.”

“When was I not talking to Briana?” I said dryly.

“No. My bro-bf. Why you no talking to Jules? Jules sad.” Seth whispered.

“Really? When did you become a Neanderthal? And his shrink.” I whispered back incredulously.

“I’m none. I’m wingman. It’s my duty to -”

“Mr. Avery, something you want to share?” Mrs. McLaren asked. “I want to know what’s more important than my lesson since you’re failing my class by 32 marks, and the minimum marks you need to pass is 33.” She said sharply.

My lips twitched at that. So, Mr. Perfect wasn’t so perfect.

“What is so funny, Ms. Carter? You, too, are failing my class by 12 marks.” Mrs. McLaren sneered.

“It’s just that Seth had been saying that even Hitler got more action in bed than you.” I said as innocently I could manage to. It worked since McLaren seemed ready to burst into flames while the class snickered.

“You know where to be.” McLaren only said before turning back to the chalk-board. Jail time (Detention in cruder words) would be right after this since this was the last period.

The bell rang and Seth came to stand beside me as I closed the notebook I’d been doodling in. “Talk to Jules. I’ll take revenge. Line was good, I agree. Hair looks great, Jules crying ‘bout his.” Seth quickly said before walking out of the class, catching eyes of two girls who giggled when Seth looked back at them, his surfer blonde hair sweeping along his face before disappearing out the door. Giggling? This is a juvie school, for god’s sakes. Deafen me or I would be charged for two more murders.

Rolling my eyes I slipped out of the class. Seth won’t be able to get a revenge on yours truly without having his face covered with green slime or something, but I might try not to do anything to permanently scar him since he complimented my hair.

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

“I don’t know what to do, where to find her. It’s like she disappeared into thin air. Where can she hide in this castle for a week and not get caught?” I said worriedly. I stirred a spoon in a cup full of disgusting taste-bud-enemy #1 – Coffee the Bland. Seriously, how can Briana love this so much. She was having her second cup while I was stirring my first one. Briana and I sat in the dining hall. Most of the students had already left after their dinner.

“She’ll be alright, Ash. She has been pretty much caring for herself on her own for past a year and a half. Besides, this castle might not be that majestic and huge but it still has enough room to hide a sly fifteen year old.” Briana said reassuringly. I’d at last confided in someone about the Aisha problem. Besides, it was becoming too much a burden to carry to not worry most of the time. Briana pretty seemed welcoming about it.

“If she’s not in the room by tomorrow morning, I’m going to McLaren or Kara. It’s shocking that nobody knows she’s missing.” I was really surprised that no one realized that Aisha had been gone for almost a week. Was it so easy to disappear? But then, where do you disappear to? It’s not like there’s somebody waiting out there for you.