Annie Leonhardt x Reader ~ Smooth Criminal

I know Annie isn't the character to show her fear of something or someone. But I guess, there must be a side of her that is. And I wanted to bring that out in this one shot. I really hope I didn't ruin her character completely. Nevertheless, please, enjoy!

Annie, are you ok?
Will you tell us that you're ok?

"Have a good day!", you say as you grab the cup of coffee to go. Turning around, you let your gaze travel around to see which tables are in the little coffee shop still free. Someone familiar catches your eye. Slightly smiling you make your way towards the tiny table and the certain person.

"Annie, how are you doing?", you greet her, as you take the place opposite of her. The blonde woman couldn't see you, because her back was facing you. Her usually cool blue eyes widen shocked. Her whole body tenses up, until she recognizes you. Annie throws a glance over her shoulder, like she has to be sure that no one is watching her.

"Are you okay, Annie?", you want to know really worried by now. That is definitely not the Annie you met a few years ago. Bertholdt, Reiner, Annie and you met back in Highschool, and were inseparable since then. Even yet, where the four of you going to University you stick together.

And during all those days you have never seen her that nervous.

"Yeah, I am fine", Annie ducks her head between her shoulder, making herself a little bit smaller. You lay your hand on your table for her to grab, "But it doesn't seem like it. You know, you can talk to me whenever you need it." She places her hand in yours, searching clearly for comfort. Her blue eyes are glued to the surface of the table.

"Remember the man I went on a date with a few days ago?", Annie really looks scared, and that hurts you more than you want to admit it. Of course, you remember that bastard. He got a date with the woman you fell in love with. There is again the jealousy blooming in your chest. You only nod, so she would continue talking.

"Well, I didn't accept his invitation for a second date. Since then he... keeps calling me, writes me text messages all day, and even waits for me at the University parking lot", you can see how uncomfortable she feels right now. A wave of anger replaces the jealousy.

"He stalks you? Let me handle the situation. He will never talk to you again", you suggest, but Annie shakes her head slowly. "I can handle it. Don't worry, [Y/N]. And would you, please, keep it to yourself? I don't want Reiner or Bertholdt worrying over nothing", she forces a smile onto her lips. But you can see through it. "I will. If he ever tries something again, please, give me a call. I will come as fast as possible, okay? You are not alone", it is hard for you to accept that she doesn't want your help.

"Thank you. I have to go now", Annie let's go of your hand to gather up her notes from University. With that she leaves the little coffee shop. You call her name, but she just keeps walking. Concerned as hell now, you rest your head in your hands. You will watch out for her, no matter the cost.

As he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo
He came into her apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Not even in her own apartment Annie felt safe anymore. Only in your presence she could calm herself down, and knew that you would protect her. But at the same time, she doesn't want and need help. Annie managed her whole life on her own.

Her eyes stop at her phone lying just a few inches next to her. You are just a call away. She focuses her attention on her notes again. It is already too late to reach out for you. Annie would feel bad to wake you up in the middle of the night, just for a little bit comfort.