After Colby took his food upstairs and I ate breakfast with Kenzie and Brooke, Kenzie went to watch cartoons while Brooke and I went upstairs to the guest room.

"Damn Amber, you could be a little nicer you know." I rolled my eyes "So could he." I turned and shut the door behind me so Kenzie didn't hear Brooke cursing.

"I've never seen you like this, you usually just keep your mouth shut. What's up with you." I shook my head "Nothing, but thanks for staying the day." She laughed. "Yeah well I'm going to go take care of Kenzie, you deal with the spawn of satan. I don't think I could control my hormones around him and his hot body, I mean just look at him." I scrunched up my nose at her last sentence. "What? I'm just being truthful! Plus, I've never seen you act like that around anyone. So usually I would be the one to handle the kids, even if he's our age, like him but you seem to have him under control without my help."

I rolled my eyes and was about to speak before she rushed in another thing. "See!" She yelled pointing at me. "You never roll your eyes, you've been with Colby one day and you've rolled your eyes like three time just in this conversation! You always get annoyed when people roll their eyes and say it'll give you a headache." I put my hands on my hips "Whatever, go take care of Kenzie." She stood up and opened the door but turned back. "Even your vocabulary has changed. Just be careful Am, I don't want you getting hurt."

Colby's POV

I hurried and sat on my bed after Brooklyn opened the door. Yeah I was listening in on their conversation but it was about me, why wouldn't I? After I heard Brooke go down the stairs I went back to go see Amber. "Hurt? Why would I get hurt. I don't even like him." I hear her whisper to herself.

I knock on the door and open it without having a response knowing she was decent and most likely just sitting on her bed on her phone or something.

She looked over at me and then back at her book. "What do you want Colby?" She asked annoyed. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out, I didn't really have anything to say I just kind of went in without a plan or explanation.

"If you want to go somewhere then the answer is no." I shook my head "No that's not what I wanted to say." She looked up from her book and put it to the side. "Then what do you need?" I say on the edge of the bed. "I don't know, can we just not talk?" I stretched out and laid on the bed with my arms behind my head. I looked up at her.

She has icy blue eyes, I never noticed that. I kept scanning over her face taking in all the details until she snapped me out of it. "Why would you want to talk to someone like me?" My eyebrows raised and I laid on my side and put my elbow under me to prop me up so I could see her a little bit better.

"What do you mean 'someone like me'? You're just the same as everyone else?" She gave the same dry laugh I gave her just yesterday. "No wonder I have no friends, not wanting food from someone like me, I don't know how she can tolerate you, any of these ringing a bell?"

I frowned thinking back at what I said. I usually don't regret much but what I said to her the other day is a different story.

I hate saying I'm sorry, I don't say it unless I really need to. It's the worst feeling of having to apologise, at least it is for me. So when I feel like I need to say it, it definitely means something. "I'm sorry," I mumble. "Sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite get that." I rolled my eyes and spoke again.

"I said I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that and I don't think that stuff about you." I was taking defeat for once. "Oh? Could you repeat that just once more, I really couldn't hear you." She put her hand up to her ear acting clueless. I laughed and pushed her hand away from her ear.

"Oh whatever, you did so hear me." She joined in and we were a laughing mess until I heard a knock at the door. "Yes?" Amber said between laughs.

"I'm going out and taking Kenzie to the park I'll be back in probably like an hour or so." I nodded and Brooke smiled at me then winked at Amber before shutting the door.

"I don't know what her problem is right now, just ignore her. She thinks that since I spent one day with you, because I was doing my job may I mention, I'm a completely different person." She said rolling her eyes.

"Well I mean on the bus you told me rolling your eyes gives you headaches. Unless you're just being a hypocrite then I must have made some type of influence on you." Chuckling, I sat up with my legs crisscrossed.

She giggled a little and hid her face, probably because she was blushing. She blushes a lot more than any girl I've ever been with er..seen, because we aren't together obviously.

"Okay well I better get back to studying but tell me if you need anything." My smile fell. I thought we were actually going to have a full on normal conversation. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little upset that she doesn't want to talk very much to me but I did honestly probably get on her nerves yesterday.

"Oh, okay I'll be in my room if you wanna talk or something." I said in a tone a little sadder than before.

I started to walk towards the door when she called my name out. "Wait Colby," I turned around and smiled brightly thinking she wanted me to stay. "If you need to study for the math test you can borrow my book, it has sections marked and notes to study. Just for if you need it though."

I lost my smile and turned back around, "That's fine, I'll study later," I say opening the door. "or never." I mumbled to myself, or so I thought I was the only one that heard it.