chapter 65

The argument for the last several months between Finn and Rachel  was, when to get married. Finn didn’t want to wait longer than a month. Surprisingly enough though, Rachel wanted to wait until the house was built in Atlanta. In addition to which, Rachel wanted a real honeymoon and since Finn could deny her nothing, they decided to wait until the season was over and Finn had free time. 

Now though it was the night before the wedding and their friends thought it was best that the soon-to-be bride and groom not see each other until they were at the alter. 

Finn grumbled about that for days but finally Rachel had said that she would want it to be as traditional as possible, so of course Finn then agreed. 

They were both in Boston, which is where they were getting married. Rachel was home with all the girls and Finn was at a local hotel with the guys. 

“Finn, why are you calling me? You’re supposed to be having your bachelor party or whatever,” Rachel sighed. She wanted him to have this time and what was he doing with it? Calling her. 

“Rach, I already told you that I’ve been a bachelor for six very long years and I never strayed that far. So I see no reason for me to have a party to celebrate something I’m supposed to be leaving behind. Because I’ve already given up the bachelor life the day I met you,” Finn retorted. 

“Smooth Hudson, so who taught you what to say to girls to get them to marry you?” Rachel teased. She was lying across their bed in her pajamas, which was one of Finn basketball jerseys. 

“I’m a natural baby. So Rachel, what are you wearing?” Finn edged on. He had been dying to see her all day, but no such luck. He’d even gone home but Maria opened the door and then proceeded to slam it in his face. She had mumbled something under her breath about bad luck. Finn, didn’t care about tradition, he and Rachel were far from holding up to traditions. 

“Finn, can’t you be serious for just a minute? It’s only one night that we aren’t together.” Rachel was trying to play it off as if it didn’t bother her that much, but she ached to be near him. 

“I know. I can’t help it. I want to press up against you, and kiss you and fu— ” 

“Finn!” Rachel reprimanded him. 

“What? I was just being honest. See you can’t cut a man a break even when he’s being truthful. I see how you work, Rachel. Now what are you wearing?” he edged on once again. He needed her and if he couldn’t have her, then phone sex was going to have to suffice. 

“How about we talk about something else?” 

“Like what?” Finn asked disinterested. 

“Like, I think we should do the master bathroom in white. Nice white and…” 

“Rachelll,” Finn rolled his eyes and threw himself back on the bed. 

“What?” Rachel asked innocently. 

“Seriously, can we talk about something else? I love you but please,” he begged. 

“Oh all right! What do you want to talk about?” Finn chuckled into the phone, he knew her too well. She was probably rolling her eyes and blushing, because Rachel knew Finn well enough to know where his line of questioning would lead. 

“Are you naked?” 

“Finn!” 

“Rach!” 

“I’m not answering that,” 

“Yes you will. Now are you naked under our sheets or are you laying on top of them?” Finn made himself comfortable and turned the lights off. He wanted to focus solely on her voice and breathing.