chapter 2

Finn strode through the living room of his two-story home in Boston, Massachusetts with a smile stretching from ear to ear. They had won the game by well over twenty points, and finn was hosting a party in celebration of the win, as per usual, which was in full-swing. 

He high-five-d his team mates as he passed them on his way to the kitchen to get another beer, not even stopping to mingle with any of the ladies that were scattered around the house, all vying for his attention. He’d simply shoot them a smile, occasionally adding a wink if he thought they were really hot, and then kept going. He knew that they’d come find him later anyway. 

Finn stepped into the kitchen, nodding at the guys who had gathered around the kitchen table to play cards, before grabbing a beer out of the fridge, opening it and taking a long drink. 

Small hands snaked around his waist, coming to rest right above the snap on his jeans. Finn glanced down at them, then over his shoulder as the woman belonging to the hands pressed herself against his side as she came around to stand in front of him. 

“You played really well tonight.” She said, nibbling on her bottom lip seductively and looking up at finn from beneath her eyelashes. 

She was beautiful, finn couldn’t deny that. She was about 5'6, with long blonde hair that curled around her shoulders and fell halfway down her back. She was well-tanned, as if just back from a vacation in the Bahamas, but finn knew she had a tanning bed to thank for her color, as did almost all the other girls at the party. Her big, brown eyes looked up at him expectantly, waiting for a response. He knew the response she was looking for, an invite for a tour of the house, both knowing the tour would end in the bedroom. 

“Thanks.” finn simply replied, smirking at her before removing her arms from around his waist and walking over to the table where the card game was going on. 

Once finn reached his destination, he couldn’t stop himself from sneaking a quick glance over to where the girl still stood, obviously shocked that Finn had showed such disinterest in her. She pouted for a moment before turning and walking out of the kitchen. 

Finn shook his head at the predictability of the girls that always seemed to end up at the parties. He had no idea how they got there, he sure as hell didn’t invite them, but they ended up there after every game, Finn could always count on that. 

Every party was the same. The guys would drink and unwind after the big win, or to get over the frustration of a loose and the girls would flock to the guys, willing to give up every shred of pride, dignity and self-worth, just for the chance at an hour or two in the sack with one of the guys... and finn was number one on the most wanted list. 

The most frustrating thing for all the girls was that finn never took any of them to bed. Finn was known to be one of the biggest flirts on the entire team, but he never followed through with any of the girls. 

“You wanna get in on the game, Evans?” Theo looked up at finn as he started shuffling the cards. 

“No, I’m cool.” finn said, shaking his head. “Just making the rounds, making sure all you guys are behaving yourselves.” 

“Yeah, right.” They all chorused, laughing. Finn simply shook his head, wished them luck in their game and walked back towards the livingroom. 

As soon as he entered the room, all female eyes immediately went to him, even if the girls were already in a conversation with another guy. He saw two girls getting ready to approach him, but thankfully, he was saved by the phone. 

His cell phone rang to life in his pocket, and he quickly pulled it out, looking at the display screen. A picture of his twin sister, Isabel smiled back at him. He couldn’t help but smile back at the picture. He’d taken it during his last trip back home, shortly after he had purchased his camera phone.