chapter 23

“Kick ass game, Hudson!” One of his teammates called out. It was indeed a great game, but he felt like something was missing. It was the same thing that had been missing from his life for the past six years, Rachel. He packed up his bag and quickly made his way to his car that was waiting. 

He threw his things down in his hotel room and then decided to take a quick shower to try and relax himself. As the spray of the hot shower cascaded around him, his thoughts wandered back to a time he and Rachel had tried to take a shower together while they were still in high school…

“Finn you won’t fit in here! Get out!”

“Rach, come on. Don’t you want me to wash your hair…your body.” Finn leaned in close and whispered into her ear.

“Finn, be good.” Rachel tried to reprimand him, but he was already snaking his hands around her waist drawing her closer to his naked body. They had already made love the night before and he was so nervous so he didn’t take the proper amount of time to study her body.

“Stop staring Finn! You’re making me all self conscious.” She slapped his arm gently and he brought her closer and sealed their lips. He could kiss her all day; he loved the feel of her soft lips against his. 

“You’re so beautiful, Rachel. How many times do I have to tell you?” He asked as they pulled away panting. When her eyes met his, he sucked in a ragged breath. He knew that look; it was the same one she gave him last night when she asked him to make love to her for the first time.

“Rachel, you need to be good or I might have to take advantage of you in this little shower of yours.” Finn joked with her. Rachel let out a small giggle and gave Finn a heated stare, which led to her being pressed into the tile wall behind her.

“God, Rachel I love you.” Finn moaned out as her tiny hand encased this throbbing erection. He quickly lifted her effortlessly against the wall of the shower and kissed her deeply before joining their bodies. 

The cold water snapped Finn back to the present. He tried to take his mind off of Rachel, but it was proving futile. He quickly towel dried and put on his boxers and slipped under the sheets. He rolled over and lifted the phone from its cradle and dialed the familiar number. 

“Hello?” 

“Hey man, what’s going on?” 

“Finn, fucking great game! Those refs were fucking assholes man!” Finn laughed at the enthusiasm of his best friend. 

“I know trust me. I was pissed off, but it all worked out, we kicked their ass.” 

“Hell yeah.” They were both silent and Finn knew why he called, but working up the nerve to ask was another story. 

“Finn, what’s on your mind?” 

“How is she…Rachel? How is she doing?” Finn asked hesitantly and rolled onto his back. 

“She’s doing good. She caught the tail end of the game…” Finn's ears perked up at that knowledge. 

“Really?” 

“Yeah but don’t let your dick get all hard yet dude, she ended up running upstairs to her room. Maria is up there with her now.” 

“Is…did she cry?” Finn asked brokenly. He was so tired of seeing her cry; he needed to do something and soon. He thought that he could stay away, but after seeing her he knew he was kidding himself. 

“I don’t know. Finn, I know what Maria and Isabel did was wrong, so I can’t say I supported them at all, but if I’m honest with you. I wanted it to work. You both deserve to be happy.” Finn was beyond furious when he found out what his sister and friend had done to get them back together, and while he appreciated it, it was the wrong way to go about it. 

“I know, but she can’t be happy with me. I destroyed that. But look, I don’t want to talk about that right now. I called for a reason.” 

“Oh really? And what’s that? You gonna fly my ass out to see a live game or some shit?” 

“Exactly.” 

“Now that’s what I’m talking about! When? Where?” Michael was firing off the questions and Finn couldn’t help but laugh. 

“I have a home game next week. I’m going to fly you guys out.” 

“Who are you talking about Finn? You know Isabel, Alex, Maria and I are down for that, but we will never and I do mean never get Rachel's ass on a plane to watch you play.” Finn signed in defeat; he knew he was kidding himself. But he needed to see her. 

“I know that Michael but I can’t stop thinking about her…” 

“Since when have you stopped thinking about her?” Michael tried to lighten the mood. He knew his best friend was torn between what he thought was the right thing and what he wanted. 

“You’re right. But after our kiss…” Finn closed his eyes remembering what it felt like kissing Rachel again after all that time. 

“Wait! Kiss? You kissed her? When did that happen?” 

“It was at Maria’s party. We were both drunk and she was so pissed off with me and I couldn’t help myself. I felt like it might be my last chance to touch her. I lost her because I was stupid, but I needed to be selfish for that one last moment.” He was minutes from breaking down. He needed to finish this conversation before he totally lost it. 

“Wow…I had no idea. Hell I don’t even think she told Maria that. Because you know and I know that Maria would have been rubbing that in my face.” 

“I know. Okay let me talk to her.” 

“Who?” Michael asked confused because surely he wasn’t asking to speak with… 

“Rachel. Michael just put her on for me.” Michael shook his head even though he knew Finn couldn’t see him. 

“That’s not a good idea.” 

“Please.” Michael could hear the desperation in his friends voice and decided he couldn’t turn him down. If Rachel didn’t want to talk to him, she could tell him herself. 

“Hold on. Let me go to Rachel's room and drag Maria out first.” 

“Okay.” Finn took a deep breath waiting, he hoped she would at least get on the phone and decline his offer. He knew he was desperate but right now he would take what he could get.