chapter 54

Rachel happened to walk into the conversation at that moment. She had of course heard the entire thing from outside the door, but thought better of walking in. 

“Hey Rach!” Finn cleared his throat and welcomed her with open arms. 

“Please, no PDA’s. I haven’t seen Alex all day,” Drew finished rolling his eyes heavenward. 

“Fuck off!” Finn tossed over his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around Rachel and kissed her lips roughly. 

“I missed you,” Finn whispered out into her ear. 

“You did?” Rachel asked surprisingly. 

“Yeah, I want to take you out tonight,” Finn finished pulling away slowly. Rachel just nodded and smiled brightly at him. 

“Rachel, you better make sure he keeps in shape. We don’t want an out of shape captain,” Jake tossed out to break the awkwardness of Finn and Rachel. The room seemed to heat up when they were together. 

“Oh, you bet your ass he’s gonna keep in shape,” Rachel winked and smiled seductively at Finn. Was it getting hot in the room, or was it just him? 

“Rach!” 

All the guys whistle and Finn just growls. Was she trying to turn him on? Cause it was working, but that didn’t mean he wanted to lose control in front of the guys. 

“What? I can't have that sexy body of yours going to waste. I have to make sure you work out daily.” She winks and saunters out of the room. 

“Damn Finn, you are one lucky guy!” Jake assessed quickly.

“Don't I know it? Now if you keep looking at my girlfriend like that you are gonna wish you hadn't,” Finn warned them.

“Got it. Well Finn we’re out. We’ll catch up before you leave right?” Brian asked. 

“Of course!” 

Finn saw both Brian and Jake out before returning to the game room, where he just knew 
Drew was waiting to talk to him in private. 

“Hey, don’t you need to go see Alex or something,” Finn joked lightly seeing the seriousness on Drew’s face. Finn crossed the room and took a seat on one of the recliners. 

“Finn, I think this is the happiest I’ve ever seen you and I want you to know that I’m really happy for you and Rachel. But…” 

“You don’t think I should quit?” Finn finished the sentence. 

“No, I don’t. But I can understand why you would. Just think about it,” Drew started but Finn was quick to rebut him. 

“I have and maybe later on I’ll come back, but right now my priority is Rachel and her feelings. I’ll do whatever she wants me to do.” Finn was dead serious and Drew could see it in his eyes. 

“Have you talked about it?” Drew asked. 

“Yeah, she’s tried but we’re just starting out again. I don’t want to bring that down on her. I don’t want her to decide. It’s the reason why I left her before and…” 

“Who said she had to choose?” Drew questioned and it made both Finn and Rachel, who had been eavesdropping on the entire conversation, really think about that question. 

“There you are,” Finn wrapped his arms around her from behind. 

“Here I am,” Rachel turned and tilted her head up to brush as kiss across his lips. 

““I’m happy, Rachel. Really and truly happy,” Finn smiled and held her against him tighter. 

“Me too, Finn.” 

“Now, let’s get some packing done before dinner,” Rachel brushed passed him. And he felt faint. She was trying to kill him slowly, of that he was convinced. How could she not be? She was wearing a short denim skirt and tank top and she smelt incredible. It was too much for him, he’d been sleeping next to her every night for two weeks and he thought he’d explode soon. 

He wondered when she’d be ready for him to make love to her.