chapter 62

As soon as they arrived, someone was waiting for them to show them to their seats. Rachel however was asked to follow the young man to the locker rooms. When Rachel entered she heard all the guys whistle and she just rolled her eyes. 

“Grow up!” Finn growled at his teammates. 

“Hey baby,” he smiled down at her and kissed her lips. Earning him some hoot and hollers from the guys. 

“Seriously, don’t you guys have to go warm up or something?” Finn asked delibertably pulling Rachel closer to his side. 

“Hey Rach?” Drew called out and Rachel turned to face him. 

“Nice shirt,” he smirked and Rachel smiled and pulled Finn against her lips roughly. 

“Well damn, maybe you guys want to use the showers or something,” Drew called out as the rest of the guys left the room. Rachel and Finn didn’t realize it though, their lips were still locked together in a fierce kiss. 

“Hi.” Rachel smiled. 

“So, don’t you look sexy as hell?” Finn asked eyeing his girlfriend from head to toe. 

“But seriously, don’t I?” Rachel teased as she plucked at the collar of his jersey. 

“So, everyone is here and good?” Finn asked tieing his sneakers. 

“Yes! They are fed and dress, and ready for an amazing game,” Rachel smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist. 

“Excellent. Okay I just wanted to see you before I went out there. Jake will bring you back out and onto the court.” Finn leaned down and kissed the tip of her nose before taking her hand. Rachel could tell he was still nervous, she pulled on his hand, stopping his movements. 

“What?” he asked. 

“I want you to know that no matter what happens out there. I have never been more proud of you.” Rachel smiled sweetly and walked out passed him without another word. 

“Rach!” he called out as she made her way out of the locker room to stand next to Jake. 

“Yeah?” 

“You know you may very well be my number one fan,” Finn smirked, arms crossed and his side resting against the doorframe. 

“You know Hudson, I think you’re right,” Rachel winked and allowed Jake to escort her down the hall towards the arena. 

Finn stood there however for a few more minutes. He knew this was it. He’d waited his whole life for this moment. 

Finally closing the door behind him he ran up the ramp toward the arena.

Rachel took her seat and was waiting for the announcer to call out the team. Once that was done the game was underway. Rachel couldn’t help her heart from racing as she watched Finn run up and down the court. His body was pure perfection and she just couldn’t get enough of it or him. 

She couldn’t help her mind from wandering back to Maria’s question about marriage. Was she ready for it? Yes. That was the only answer she could give, but was Finn? That was something she knew they’d have to talk about, soon.