chapter 34

After the doctor excused himself to go tend to another patient, the nurse wheeled him into the hallway, then waited until Finn and Rachel said goodbye to everyone.

After Isabel promised to call and check up on him all the time, and Rachel promised to take good care of Finn, they split off in separate directions. Michael, Alex, Isabel and Maria went out the front, as Rachel and Finn headed towards the back.

"Was there a lot of paparazzi outside?" Finn asked, looking up at Rachel, who was walking next to him.

"The girls said there was, but I didn't go out there." Rachel replied, opening the back door and looking around. Once it was confirmed that there were no photographers out there, she opened the door wider so that the nurse could make it outside.

The driver opened the door for them, then took Finn's crutched, and the bag from Rachel and put them in the trunk. Rachel slid into the car first and then Finn dropped into the seat next to her. The nurse told him to take care of himself, and wished him luck with his physical therapy before closing the car door and making her way back into the hospital.

They sat in silence as the driver got back into the limo, and began his drive to Finn's house. Rachel started out the windows for a few minutes, before turning her attention to the inside of the car. She rolled the windows up and down, opened and closed the moon roof and raised the lowered the partition separating them from the driver before turning her attention to the radio.

She flipped through the channels before settling on a Kelly Clarkson song. She bopped her head along with the music, looking out the windows as the scenery went by.

She turned to look at Finn when Kelly was rudely cut off and some rock song started playing. "Did you just change the station?" Rachel asked.

"No." Finn fibbed, shrugging his shoulders as if he were indifferent to the situation.

"Then you won't mind if I change it back." Rachel sweetly smiled before turning the station.

Finn sighed, reaching forward and switching the station back. Rachel raised her eyebrows at him. "Ok, so I lied. I did change it. I'm not listening to that girly music."

"I'm not listening to this boy music. Haven't you ever heard the saying driver picks the music shotgun shuts their cake hole..so to speak" Rachel shot back.

"There's a big difference in the two songs though. And your not even driving" Finn tried to explain. "This is good. That shit you were listening to is not."

"It is too! And I meant that I would if you didn't already have your own personal driver so it still counts" Rachel yelled, turning the station.

"Whatever, but Rach seriously. I'm not listening to this." Finn turned the station back.

"Finn, seriously. Stop fucking with the radio!" Rachel switched the radio back, then slapped at his hands when they tried to get back to the radio. "Stop!"

"We're not listening to this!" Finn tried his hardest to get to the radio but Rachel kept slapping his hands. "Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" Rachel asked innocently, right before she slapped at his hands again.

They were broken out of their bickering match by the partition between them and the driver being raised. They knew they hadn't done it, which meant that he had. They looked at each other and started laughing.

"Look, its not even Kelly Clarkson anymore!" Rachel pointed out as another song came on. "Please, just leave it here." Rachel pleaded.

"Whatever, we're almost to my house anyway." Finn said, giving up the fight. He looked out the window, and listened to the song playing.