chapter 63

I hope you guys like this chapter 😉

During the start of half time, Finn called Drew to the side. “Did you do it?” 

“Yeah, man. I did it. I’m not a total imbecile,” Drew crossed his arms in defense. Finn simply raised his eyebrow in question. 

“Shut up! And go get your woman!” Drew ground out and pushed Finn in Rachel's direction. 

Rachel watched as Finn approached her with a strange look on his face, what was going on? “Hey, I need you to do something for me, no questions asked.” Finn whispered into her ear. He gave the others a smile and they knew what was coming. 

“Of course. What do you need me to do?” Rachel asked hesitantly. 

“I need for you to close your beautiful brown eyes. I have a surprise for you.” Finn smiled and watched as she nibbled on her bottom lip before closing her eyes. Finn kissed her lips softly and told her not to open them until he said so. 

“Okay Finn. I won’t.” Rachel held onto his arm, grasping it tightly. She couldn’t see and didn’t want to make a fool of herself by tripping over something. 

After a few minutes Finn told her to let go of him and just keep her eyes closed, to which she agreed. Rachel had no idea of where she was. It was quiet all of a sudden around her and she thought maybe he’d taken her off the court. She was growing a little impatient when he didn’t return right away. She shifted from one leg to the other, waiting for her ‘surprise’. 

“Okay baby. Open your eyes,” Finn whispered out into her ear. His warm breath against her neck sent chills up her spine. Nevertheless she opened her eyes and they were standing in complete darkness, she gripped his arms. 

“Don’t worry. I just needed to talk to you for a minute,” Finn started but she cut him off. 

“Finn we’re in the middle of the arena filled with people, couldn’t you pick a more private area?” Rachel hissed out. Even though they were in the dark she could still make out people’s faces in the crowd. 

“Actually, since you’re dating a basketball star, you’re going to have to get used to people always watching us. So I felt it was appropriate for the occasion.” 

“What occasion?” Rachel asked softly. She was intrigued now. 

“I’m so very glad you asked,” Finn said and Rachel heard him call over his shoulder to someone. A second later a spotlight was on them and before she knew what was happening Finn was kneeling down on one knee. 

“Oh my God!” Rachel whispered out and covered her mouth fighting back her tears. This was not happening! Finn was proposing! Oh my God! That was all Rachel could think about, over and over again. 

“Rachel, you were the first girl I ever loved. You were the first girl that ever made me want to try and be a better person. Your heart is beautiful and so forgiving. I know that without that I wouldn’t have the opportunity to do this today. I’ve thought about asking you a thousand times, but no way seemed fitting enough. And so I figured, what better place then where it all began again for us. I love you, Rachel. I will love you for the rest of my life and if you’ll have me I want to…” The lights went out again and they were in complete darkness. 

“Finn! What’s wrong? The lights…” Rachel started but her words were caught in her through when the spotlight came back on. Because this time Finn was kneeling before her with a diamond ring in his hand. He reached for her hand and positioned the ring at her finger. Finn looked up at her tear stained face and took a deep breath before asking his question. 

“Rachel Berry will you marry me?” Rachel took in a deep breath. Her shoulders began to shake but she answered him. 

“Yes! I’ll marry you! Yes! Yes! Yes!” Finn quickly slipped the ring on her finger and stood up to kiss her. Rachel jumped up into his arms and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Their lips still fused, they could hear the crowd in the background cheering them on. 

After a few minutes, Rachel slid down back to the floor with a smile still plastered across her face. Finn reached up and swiped her tears away from her eyes. “Are you happy?” he asked hesitantly. What if she felt pressured to say yes? 

“I couldn’t be happier, Finn. I can’t wait to marry you!” Rachel leaned up on her tiptoes and kissed his lips once again before pulling away and turning to her friends, and the audience. 

“I’m getting married! Oh my God!” Rachel jumped up and down and Finn couldn’t help but pull her into his arms again. It was definitely turning out to be the great day he predicted it would.