chapter 17

This chapter I'm finally introducing tess also known as my version of quinn😉 if you don't watch roswell this is what tess looks like(picture above) if it helps just think of belle from once upon a time with blonde hair since she's on there to..anyway on to the story😊

Rachel woke up, slowly sitting up and becoming aware of her surroundings. She was still in Roswell, at Michael and Maria’s house. As the events of last night flooded back to her, she groaned, dropping back into the pillows and pulling the blanket over her head. 

No less than ten seconds later, her alarm clock went off, annoying alerting her to the fact that she needed to drag herself out of bed and get in the shower. She huffed, pulling the comforter off of her face, slamming her hand down on the alarm clock to silence it. 

After a few minutes, she finally got up, turning off the alarm clock and heading towards the bathroom. She grabbed a pair of jeans and a hooded sweatshirt before turning on the shower and getting in. 

She washed her hair, trying to wash away the memory of being back in Finn's arms as they’d danced last night. After the song ended, they stood for an uncertain amount of time, just staring at each other. 

Rachel was still unsure of what had finally snapped them out of it, but she’d jumped away from Finn as if he’d burned her, quickly making her way back to the table and telling them that she was going to walk home. 

She’d left before anyone could protest, quickly running two block before she allowed herself to slow down. Thankfully, due to constantly running around at work, she could run fairly well in high heels. She was both glad, and slightly upset that Finn  didn’t chase after her. 

She sighed, mentally belittling herself for thinking of him as she turned off the shower and started drying off. 

She threw her wet hair up in a ponytail, before throwing on her jeans and sweatshirt. All she was doing today was going with Michael and Maria to check up on a few last minute things, she didn’t need to look good. 

She made her way out of her room, and began her decent down the stairs. She stopped abruptly after hearing Finn's voice, followed by a shrill giggle that she knew didn’t belong to Maria. She peeked down into the livingroom, noticing Maria and Michael on the love seat, and Finn and a blonde girl on the couch. Rachel saw red when the blonde laughed again, leaning into Finn, putting her hand on his leg. 

Rachel had no idea who she was, but she didn’t like her. She was your typical blonde haired, blue eyed, big breasted bimbo, dressed to perfection in a simple black skirt, black high heels and a light blue tank top. 

Rachel glanced down at her outfit, quickly spinning around and running back to her room. She quickly dried and curled her hair, then threw on some make-up and jewelry before quickly getting redressed. She made her way to the mirror and looked herself up and down. 

She was wearing a light, mint green camisole top with beige lace around the bottom, and around the neckline, which was fairly low. Over that, she had a pink and beige plaid tweed blazer, and the matching skirt, which came down to brush her knees. The whole outfit was topped off by beige, high heeled strappy sandals. 

She smiled at her reflection and began to make her way to the stairs. She took a deep, calming breath at the top of the stairs, then started down. 

When she reached the bottom, Maria stopped talking mid-sentence, and Michael’s eyebrows shot up to his hairline. Following their gaze, Finn turned around to find Rachel already making her way through the livingroom and into the kitchen. She could feel his eyes on her until she was out of his eyesight, which she was very pleased with. She grabbed a cup of coffee before walking back into the livingroom. She came to stand next to the love seat, looking down at Maria. “Morning, birthday girl.” Rachel said, smiling brightly at Maria, then Michael. 

Maria looked Rachel from head to toe. “You look hot! Where are you going?” She questioned. 

“I’m going with you and Michael, don’t you remember?” Rachel sighed. “We had this all planned out a few days ago.” 

“Oh, I knew about that. Why are you dressed like that, then?” Maria looked to Michael for answers, but he just shrugged. 

“I wanted to look nice, since when is that a crime?” Rachel shot back, turning her gaze to Finn and the blonde. “Finn.” She greeted him with a smile, tossing her hair over her shoulder. 

“Hi Rach.” He replied, his eyes traveling up and down her body. “You look really nice today.” 

“Thank you.” She glanced at Tess, then over to Maria, raising her eyebrows in question. 

“OH!” Maria shook her head, realizing her mistake. “I’m sorry, I totally spaced out. Rachel Berry, this is Tess Harding. Tess, this is Rachel.” Rachel stepped forward, giving Tess a fake smile as they shook hands. “Rachel is one of our best friends from high school.” Maria explained. “Tess is Michael’s cousin, she lives in Michigan, but she was on her way to California and decided to stop by for a day or two.” 

“That’s nice.” Rachel said, taking another sip of her coffee. “Well, hate to break this up, kids, but we need to get going. I want to get this done as soon as possible and go get something to eat, I’m starving.” 

“Ok, we’ll meet you in the car?” Maria asked, getting up to search for her purse. Rachel nodded, and without so much as another glance is Finn's  direction, she walked out the door and got in her car. 

Rachel watched as Maria and Michael came out of the house, turning around to say something to Finn and Tess as they came out behind them. As Maria and Michael were getting in the car, Finn said something to Tess, who smiled widely and nodded enthusiastically, before sashaying to her car. Finn walked to his car, getting in and taking off with Tess following him. Rachel resisted the urge to growl over the fact that it appeared they had made plans. She took a deep breath, before putting the car in reverse and backing down the driveway, seemingly unaware of Michael and Maria already bickering.