chapter 14

“Rachel are you ever going to get out of your pajamas?” Maria asked walking into to Rachel's bedroom, it was well into the afternoon and her friend had not made any attempt to get up. 

“No! I had to deal with all that camping bullshit, which means I deserve a little R, R, & S.” Rachel's voice sounded muffled from underneath the fluffy white comforter. If Rachel had her way she would never get out of bed. Dealing with Finn took more out of her then she wanted to let on. Why did he still affect her? She sighed in exasperation of her utter and complete helplessness. 

“First of all, you wanna remove the damn blanket from over your mouth? Secondly, what the fuck does R, R & S mean?” 

Rachel threw back the covers and sat up to face her best friend, and then let her shoulders drop in defeat. It was pointless; Maria would just ask her one question after another until she got up anyway. “It means, rest, relaxation and sleep! You know the three things I didn’t do while camping with the miscellaneous creatures in the jungle!” Rachel planted both feet on the floor and made her way over to the bathroom. 

“You are being dramatic Rachel, we weren’t in the jungle. It was the forest, but there were miscellaneous creatures that much I will agree with.” Maria said as she made up Rachel's bed. Today was going to be a good day for Finn and Rachel, she thought. 

Rachel entered the bedroom only to roll her eyes, seeing the bed was already made. It was still warm and it was still calling her. She closed her eyes and kissed sleep goodbye, at least until tonight. 

“Alright, mother what did I have to get out of bed for?” Rachel was rummaging through the closet trying to find something to wear. She preferred to walk around in her tank top and boy shorts but didn’t think Michael would appreciate it. 

“Today is a new day, filled with endless possibilities. And you my dear have to help me pick out curtains.” 

“You know Maria, you seem very upbeat today and that’s good and everything, but cut the Mary Poppins shit out. I’m tired and I haven’t had my morning coffee.” Rachel knew she was grumpy, but what did Maria expect? She had spent most of her evening thinking about Finn and that just stressed her out to the point where every time she closed her eyes, she saw him. And just as she was falling asleep, Maria walked in to get her out of bed. Who wouldn’t be grumpy, she thought. 

“Morning coffee? Rachel it’s almost four in the afternoon, breakfast, as you know it is long over. But, I still made you some coffee. It’s in the kitchen, now hurry up we have a lot to do and not a lot of time to get it done.” Maria said quickly rushing out of the room; she didn’t want Rachel asking any questions. 

“What is that…Maria! This conversation is not over just because you chickened out and left the room!” Rachel yelled out after Maria and decided that she really did miss her more than she thought. It was good to be around her friends again, minus Finn of course. But hopefully soon, he would be leaving and all would go back to normal.