chapter 53

“God woman! Please decide! My stomach feels like it’s eating itself!” Drew dropped to his knees in front of Rachel on the couch. Rachel couldn’t help but giggle and roll her eyes, he was just so dramatic. 

All the guys started laughing hard at Drew and his drama routine. Finn was used to Rachel taking time to order anything, she could just never make up her mind. Most of the team had stopped by as soon as they heard Finn was back in town. 

She just couldn’t decide what to eat. Did she want Italian, Mexican, Chinese…hmm they were all excellent choices but… 

“Rachel! Seriously, I’m a grown man but I will cry soon,” Drew rested his hands on her shoulders shaking her from her thoughts. 

“Back off! I’m trying to decide. I feel all this pressure and I think I might make a choice based on impulse rather than what I really feel like having.” Rachel tried to explain and the only person in the room that understood her was Finn. He knew the guys were all hungry and things could get ugly pretty soon if he didn’t step in. 

“Rach, babe how about a big juicy bacon cheeseburger, fries and a strawberry milkshake?” Finn instantly saw Rachel's eyes light up. 

“Yes! That is exactly what I want!” Rachel jumped to her feet. 

“Thank fucking God!” Drew answered and began ushering everyone out of the room. 

“Jesus, Hudson. Does your girl always think about every decision like that before giving an answer?” Jake asked coming to stand beside Finn. 

“Yeah she does, but that’s what’s so great about her,” Finn smiled but it fell from his face as he heard a chorus of, “whipped” from the guys. 

“Shut the fuck up! Either that or you starve,” Finn passed them all and stepped out into his garage. 

“So, what are we taking?” 

“We?” Finn looked at the guys and gave them a yeah-right look. 

“I love you guys, but not that much. Take your own cars. Rachel, come on I need you to drive for me.” Rachel just laughed. They were all so crazy but she loved it. It was so much different than she was used to. 

“Hey! What about me? You just gonna dog me like that?” Drew asked trying to act like he was broken up about it, but in reality could care less. 

“Get in the car asshole!” Finn barked out as he slipped behind the passenger seat of his convertible. 

“Finn, be nice!” Rachel reprimanded him. 

“See, told you she has the hots for me,” Drew started but was stopped by the fist Finn landed on his shoulder from the front seat. 

“Ow! Damn Finn! You ain’t gotta be so rough. I’m a sensitive guy and I…” 

“Shut up!” Both Rachel and Finn said and watched as Drew jumped into the back seat without another word, except. 

“Tough crowd.” 

Lunch was extremely eventful, as Rachel suspected. She had a chance to really see Finn look relaxed and having a great time. They guys were all sweethearts and she found it surprising that most of them were married with families. A small part of her was jealous. But when she looked at Finn and he smiled at her, she knew everything would be the way it was supposed to be. 

Most of the guys headed home after lunch and now just, Drew, Jake and Brian remained. Rachel decided she wanted a quick shower, besides it seemed like the guys wanted to talk to Finn in private. Rachel knew she had to talk to Finn before the night was over. 

“Is it true?” Brian asked as he took a seat at the bar in Finn's game room. Finn already knew what he was referring too. In a way he felt like he was letting them down, but his choice was made. 

“Yeah, it is. As soon as this season is over, so am I.” Finn didn’t want to deny that leaving the world of basketball behind wasn’t going to be hard. But he was looking forward to living with Rachel and maybe starting a family with her; he would give up his next breath of air for that. 

“Ah shit! Don’t look like I ran over your puppy or something, you guys will be great without me.” Finn tried to lift their sprits. Damn, it shouldn’t be this hard, he thought. 

“That’s right! Besides, maybe it won’t be forever right, Finn?” Drew asked hopeful. 

“There is always a chance you’ll make your comeback,” he continued trying to get his brain to register that Finn was not going to be apart of the team. 

“Yeah…maybe…” Finn trailed off. He wouldn’t say it aloud. They guys were already distraught over the fact that he was not returning next year.