chapter 51

“How could you not tell me? I thought I was important to you and now I see that I don’t mean shit! Seriously, Finn what were you thinking?” Finn wanted to bang his head against the nearest wall in Rachel's apartment. 

“I know, I should have told you. It just all happened so fast and I got caught up in the moment,” he tried to reason but he should’ve known better. 

“Moment? Finn, it was more than a moment don’t you think? This is a life altering decision and you don’t think to tell me? Hell, at this point a message on my cell phone would have been better than what I got!” The sound of her voice screeching was enough for Finn to want to fling his cell phone out… 

“Are you even listening to me?!” Finn took a seat near the window and rested his head against the cool glass. 

“Yes, Isabel. I hear you. And I said I was sorry,” he grumbled out. He was having such a good day and then his sister called. He forgot to call her and he was going to pay for it. 

“I don’t want to hear it. All I ask is that before you get married send me an invitation,” Isabel quipped coolly. 

“Isabel, come on. I’ve now told you everything that happened between Rachel and I so can you just forgive me?” Finn gave her the best pleading voice he could muster. Considering at that point he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face with a stick of dynamite. 

“Fine, but just remember if Maria and I hadn’t put our two cents into this you may not have gotten as far as you did so fast.” Isabel made sure that her brother knew that even though at times she knew her and Maria should not have interfered, they did get the ball rolling. 

“Two cents? I would say that was at least a whole dollars worth,” Finn joked and knew that his sister was happy for him nevertheless. 

“Finn, I just want to tell you how proud I am of you. I knew you weren’t a total asshole.” 

“Wow! Was that supposed to be a compliment?” Finn teased her. 

“Shut up. Now where is Rachel? I want to talk to her.” 

“She’s getting ready. We’re leaving for the airport in ten minutes.” 

“Airport? Did I miss something?” Finn sighed heavily because he knew that he’d left something out of the conversation up until now. 

“We’re heading to Boston. I’m going to get all my affairs in order and then Rachel and I are heading back here.” He rushed out hoping that Rachel would get out of the bathroom already so they could leave and he’d have an excuse to hang up the phone. 

“I’m really happy for you, Finn,” Isabel started and Finn thought that he was off the hook. 

“Tha—” 

“But I’m still pissed! Call me when you get to Boston, if you still remember who I am by then.” The sound of the dial tone signified that, that was the end of the conversation. 

“Rachel! Seriously, what the hell are you doing in there?” Finn placed his phone on the table and walked across the apartment in search of Rachel. 

“I’ll be right out! Stop rushing me!” she yelled through the closed door. She was nervous. In fact, she felt faint. It’s not like her and Finn hadn’t been sleeping together over the past two weeks, but now it seemed like their relationship had progressed to the next level. She wasn’t sure if she was ready, or if he was even. Was he expecting it? Or was she just reading into her own feelings too much? 

They hadn’t approached the subject of sex yet. Would they when they returned to Boston? Rachel stood staring at herself in the mirror. She had taken longer than she’d ever to get ready this morning. Yes, Finn had seen her rolling out of bed, hair a mess. And he’d seen her dressed for work and looking neat and sharp. Which is why she couldn’t figure out why it took her so long today. Finally, though she decided on a pair of hip hugger blue jeans and a black v-neck tank top. She figured she’d need to be comfortable but still look pretty. Rachel sighed in defeat, what was she thinking? This was Finn he loved her right? 

“Rach, baby seriously. We’re gonna miss the flight. Now get your sexy ass out here so we can leave,” Finn teased. 

Rachel couldn’t help the smile that formed on her lips. She loved him so much and was so happy to have him back in her life. She turned, flung open the door and jumped into his arms. When she opened the door, he saw the look of pure happiness across her face and Finn was ready to catch her. 

He stood their holding her for a few seconds, and he couldn’t help how his heart raced just being near her. It felt how it did so long ago. Finn closed his eyes in that instant and thanked God for her. Slowly, determinately their lips sought out each other’s. Finn reached one arm up her back to cup the back of her head as his tongue caressed every part of her warm mouth. 

It didn’t matter how many times he’d been able to kiss her up until this point, each time for him was like the first time. He memorized it…her. Everything he lived and breathed was Rachel. 

Rachel couldn’t help moaning softly as Finn began to devour her mouth. It was as if he was making love to her with his mouth. She ran her fingers through his thick hair and reveled in the feel of being in his arms again. There was no other place she’d rather be at that moment, or any moment for that matter. 

They pulled away panting for air minutes later. “I love you, Rachel,” Finn said and kissed the tip of her nose softly while helping her down to her feet. Rachel smiled brightly and then leaned up on her tiptoes and kissed his lips, “I love you, too.” 

A few minutes later, with bags in hand they were on their way to Boston.