chapter 46

Rachel was having the worst night of her life. Not only did she not want to be there, but the guy was totally gawking at her. It was not only distracting but it was incredibly rude. Why had she agreed to this? That’s right because she was pissed off and wanted to deny her feelings for Finn once again. She rolled her eyes at her dates failed attempt to make yet another joke. 

She looked at her watch. It was seven thirty. Only thirty more minutes and Maria would call, which meant that Rachel could finally go the hell home. 

“Finn, I’m telling you. I’m only doing this for you because I love you and I know that you want Rachel back. But I swear to God I will kick your ass if you fuck this up. You can’t say anything. She can’t know you’re on the phone.” Maria whispered out from her balcony. Michael would kick her ass if he knew what she was about to do. She had promised him that she would stay out of Finn and Rachel's business, but what would it hurt to let him listen to her phone conversation with Rachel? 

“I’m not five, Maria. I know what 'be quiet' means. Now, let’s get this over with.” Finn waited very impatiently as Maria called Rachel. 

“Hey Maria!” Rachel tried to sound as upbeat as possible. She needed this to be believable. 

“Hey. So how’s the date going?” Maria tried to calm her nerves. A part of her knew it was wrong, but Finn was just going to listen and in less than five minutes the conversation would be over. No big deal. 

“It’s going great. God, he’s so perfect. And he looks amazing.” Rachel was trying to hold back the bile rising to her throat, at that moment her date was trying to feed her chocolate frosting. She hoped she didn’t have to keep up the charade much longer. 

“Oh well that’s great. So let me talk to him.” Maria could almost feel Finn's tension through the phone line so she knew she needed to end the conversation quick. 

“Oh! Sure, hold on,” she giggled. “He’s feeding me dessert.” Finn was fuming. His poor defenseless pillow was being ripped in half. This was so much worse than he thought, but he kept his mouth shut. 

“What’s up baby?” Baby?! Who the hell did he think he was talking to, both Maria and Finn thought simultaneously. 

“Yeah, hi. So what’s your name?” 

“Brody, what’s yours sweet thing?” Maria wanted to gag and Finn wanted to rip this guy to shreds. First of all he was on a date with Rachel, and he was disrespecting her to her face. And secondly he was practically hitting on Maria over the phone. This bastard will die! 

“Sweet thing? Listen buddy. I just called to make sure you were a real person and…” 

“Oh I’m real. And tonight Rachel is going to find out how real I am.” 

“You fucking bastard! I’m going to come there and kick your fucking ass! You better stay the fuck away from, Rachel!” Finn roared into the phone loudly. So loud that Rachel could hear him and snatched the phone from Brody . 

“Maria? Who was that? Was that Finn? Please tell me it wasn’t.” Oh shit! They were caught. Maria tried to play it off, but it didn’t work. 

“Okay, it’s not Finn.” Finn was beating his head against his headboard. He couldn’t believe he just did that. Even though the guy deserved it, now Rachel would be seriously pissed. 

“Bullshit! You are my friend Maria! Why would you do that? I'm going...don't call me back!" 

“Wait! Rachel, just don’t do anything stupid.” Maria said quickly.

“If you mean like sleeping with him. I wasn’t even thinking about it until I got this phone call. But right now it sounds like a great idea. I’ll give you a call with explicit details tomorrow, love ya!” Rachel hung up quickly and turned her phone off. She couldn’t believe it! She was so angry and hurt.

 “I don’t believe you did that!” Maria screeched into the phone. 

“I know. I’m so sorry. But when he said that I just flipped the fuck out. If he touches her Maria I’ll kill him.” Finn said seriously and Maria had no doubt about that. 

“He sounded like such an asshole.” 

“Yeah, Maria what do I do now?” 

“I don’t know Finn. But you said you had plans right?” 

“Yeah.” 

“I suggest you push them even further up.” 

“Right.” Finn's mind was still reeling and he knew that there would be no sleep for him tonight.