chapter 16

“What the fuck am I doing?” Finn paced his bedroom floor for the past hour. He couldn’t find anything to wear and he was nervous as hell. 

He was going to be having dinner with Rachel. Well, not just with rachel but the point was that she was going to be there. After she told him what she did for a living, she hadn’t said another word to him and he was certain that she hated him even more. 

What did he expect? That she would see him again and beg him to take her back? That was a joke. If anything he knew he should be the one. But he wouldn’t. She was happy. Wasn’t she? 

This was infuriating for him. He didn’t know what to think. All he knew was that in less than an hour he would be sitting at a table with the most beautiful girl in the world and she thought he was the biggest self centered asshole on the planet. 

“Yeah this is going to be a great night.” He thought as he slipped his tie around his neck. 

They had all settled down to dinner and finn had found it difficult to focus on any of the conversations taking place at the table. The reason being was Rachel. When he saw her enter the restaurant with Michael and Maria, he literally thought he would pass out. 

She was wearing wine colored satin dress. Her hair fell loosely around her shoulders and the front was pinned back, allowing for a perfectly unobstructed view of her face. Finn sat and stared at her for a few minutes, waiting and hoping that she might make some eye contact with him. However, she didn’t. In fact she acted as if he wasn’t there. Which pissed him off beyond belief. Did he mean so little to her now? He tried to focus on the menu in front him, knowing it would be a long night. 

Rachel didn’t know what to do with herself. She felt completely self-conscious. Did Finn like her dress? Did he still think she was beautiful? Or did he have some gorgeous model type girlfriend back home waiting for him? He looked so good to her tonight. He was wearing a black suit and a satin black and silver tie, and it fit him perfectly. She knew she was being rude by not talking to him, but she was terrified. Terrified that if she did, she would get lost like she always did in his eyes. She was afraid that she would let her emotions take over, and she couldn’t. He would be leaving soon, and if not she would. Therefore either way, they wouldn’t be seeing each other soon enough. 

“Rachel would you pick out something to eat already and stop day dreaming?” Michael piped in over the silence at the table. They all knew just how long it took Rachel to order a meal. Even if it were a place she had been to a dozen times, she was very picky. 

“Stop rushing me. You got your drink now just relax.” Rachel said as she skimmed the menu for the fifth time, still not being able to decide on what to get. 

Finn saw that she was having problems; she always bit her bottom lip and fidgeted with the menu when she wasn’t sure what to get. At least that hasn’t changed, he thought. A small smile played on his lips as he realized the opportunity that had presented itself to him. 

He leaned in closer, since of course everyone so conveniently had them sitting next to one another, and whispered to her. “Rachel, why don’t you order the Chicken Marsala, you know that’s the only thing you order when we go to Italian restaurants.” Rachel was a little startled, but had to smile at the fact that Finn remembered. “You’re right! I don’t know why I even bother looking at a menu. Thank you, Finn.” Finn and Rachel were locked in a heated stare. They both had a smile across their lips and they looked as if they had forgotten they were at a table with four other people. 

They would have stayed that way if three people hadn’t approached the table for autographs. She watched as Finn signed something for each of the fans before sending them on their way. She was so proud of him, and she wanted to tell him as much. But she didn’t. He was probably tired of hearing it, so she decided to just focus on the conversation Maria was having with Michael.