56. Three

Sarah's body was finally free of medications and unattached to machines, however, the doctors wanted her under observation. After her parents left for breakfast that morning, she went to take a shower and ditched the hospital gown she had been forced to use. Instead, she changed into a pair of polka dot pajama pants and a purple tank top her mom brought her from the apartment. She sat on her bed with crossed legs and started going through the many get well soon messages on her social media.

"Morning, beautiful!" Hamdan greeted as he came in.

It was her second day in the Presidential Suite, that featured a hall with three doors; one for the patient's room, one that led to a spacious sitting room and the last for a guest bedroom, where her parents had spent the night to be close to her. All around, the suite had cream colored floors and was exquisitely furnished and decorated in shades of gold, brown and beige.

"Hey!" She welcomed him with a big smile and extended arms.

Hamdan gave her a peck on the lips but she quickly pulled him close by the neck for a longer kiss.

"Where are your parents?" He mumbled with his lips against hers.

"Having breakfast. You can properly kiss me." She replied.

With his fingers tangled up in her hair, he kissed her like she had requested. They had not shared a moment like that since before the accident and Sarah felt a shiver go down on her spine out of the mixed sensations of Hamdan's soft lips and raspy beard.

"It's funny how scared you are of my dad." She observed attempting to control her laugh.

"He hates me." He acknowledged while still holding her and with wide open eyes.

"He doesn't hate you."

His eyebrows shot up on his forehead. "He won't even look at me!"

Sarah giggled.

"Did you talk to him?" He asked.

"No, I feel like he's avoiding me."

Hamdan exhaled with a worried look on his face and let go of her as he lifted his gaze to all the flower arrangements she had received. They had at least doubled in number since the day before when Hamdan was there.

"Seems like everyone has sent you one except for me." He said sitting down next to her. "That one is impressive." Hamdan admitted pointing at the biggest arrangement in the room, with a cascade of roses in different shades of pink.

"It just arrived. Guess who is it from." She challenged wiggling her eyebrows.

"Uh... Tom?"

Sarah shook her head.

"One of my sisters?"

"They have sent me some but not that one, no."

"I give up." Hamdan shrugged.

Sarah pressed her lips together for a moment before answering. "Mansoor."

Hamdan frowned. "That little punk!"

"And it came the funniest card!" She picked up the white envelope from her side on the bed and gave it to him.

The card inside had the drawing of a blue whale and it said Get whale soon! underneath. Inside, there was Mansoor's signature with an smiley face.

"It's so funny!" She chuckled while Hamdan looked at it.

"You two will be the life of the party at family gatherings." Hamdan teased sarcastically pretending not to find the card funny at all, but she could see the corners of his mouth going up a bit.