24. Secret

Sarah was sitting between Erin and Tom, looking at Abby and Josh having their first dance as husband and wife. The hotel ballroom was turned into Abby's dream wedding reception with everything in coral, mint and white colors. High, floral centerpieces adorned every table and white tulle drapery floated over the bride and groom on the dance floor.

"She looks lovely," Sarah sighed, marveling at her friend in an exquisite A-line white dress with a sweetheart neckline and lace overlay that gave her three-quarter length sleeves, showcasing the intricate henna design in her hands and arms.

Paying a little homage to the Emirati tradition, the bridesmaids also got their own at the henna party the night before.

"They are going to make beautiful babies," Tom noted.

Erin puffed. "I can't believe she got married and I can't even get a decent fuck buddy."

Sarah and Tom tried to contain their laughter. The girls were in matching coral, strapless dresses with heart-shaped necklines. Erin opted to match her gown with crystal long earrings, while Sarah had a golden statement necklace. Tom's bow tie matched the color of the girls' dresses.

"Seriously guys!" Erin continued. "I was seeing this hot lawyer from another firm, everything was perfect and you know what he did?"

"What?" Asked Tom.

"He asked me out to dinner," Erin rolled her eyes.

"Oh no, that jerk!" Sarah exclaimed sarcastically.

"He ruined it! I don't have time for that," Erin shook her head before drinking from her glass. "Oh! There's your ex!" She nudged Sarah.

Nate was pulling the chair for his blonde date at a table on the other side of the dance floor.

"Who's that?" Tom wondered.

"No idea," said Sarah.

Erin turned to Sarah, her fingers playing with one of her earrings. "The whole ceremony he was looking at you, you know? I noticed."

"He's here with a date, we haven't talked since we broke up, I doubt he still has feelings for me," Sarah explained in a disbelieving tone.

"And you?" Erin questioned.

Tom started coughing and choking on the piece of cheese he took from the platter in front of them. Sarah looked at him with darting eyes.

"Sorry," he coughed two more times, "There was something spicy in that."

Sarah turned back to Erin. "Uh, no. Completely over him."

Erin gave her an amused smile. "So, since that one is leaving tomorrow..." She said pointing at Tom. "I guess it'll be just you and me for Valentine's."

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Are you going on a date or something?" Erin inquired with an appalled look.

"No, I just... I don't know if I want to do anything at all," Sarah told the same lie she had already given to Uma when she also asked her about her plans for Valentine's.

"Well, I think I'll open a bottle of rosé and binge watch Sex & The City in case you're interested," One eyebrow up in her forehead.

"I'll keep that in mind," Sarah winked.

Later into the night, Tom and Sarah were showing off their best moves and being silly on the crowded dance floor to Bruno Mars' 24K Magic. Erin seemed to have found a possible suitor to replace his hot lawyer friend as she was flirting away at the bar with some tall guy with brown hair.