50. Yes

Wet lashes, red nose, half-opened mouth and she had never looked more adorable.

Hamdan held his breath after the words left his mouth, waiting for an answer. Everything was in her hands one more time and he knew he not only needed a positive answer, it had to be something definitive, something that showed him that what she said was true. It was the only way he could put everything else behind and move on with Sarah by his side. No ifs or buts, he only hoped for a small and simple...

"Yes," Sarah whispered.

His breathing resumed and the corners of his mouth lifted, imitating hers.

"Oh my God... Yes!" She confirmed, jumping to lace her arms around his neck.

He closed his eyes while his arms encircled her tight, lifting her from the ground. She wrapped her legs around him and he felt so much joy that words completely left him, he simply let the happiness soak right into his bones while holding her up.

"I'm sorry. About everything," she hid her face on his neck. "I'm sorry that I left, I'm sorry that it took me so long"

He tilted his head back to shush her with a kiss. His stomach clenched with excitement when their lips found each other, the longing for her kisses falling down into pieces, his agony dissolving away.

He spun them around once, making her laugh.

"I'm sorry too, but it doesn't matter," he assured her, putting her back down on the floor. "Nothing else matters. We will be a family and that's all I care about."

She beamed and ran a finger alongside his hairline. "I missed you so much."

He said I love you three times with a peck on the lips between each one. "I'm officially the happiest man in the world."

She giggled and held onto him from behind the neck.

"Let's go home," he proposed.

Her face radiated bliss through every pore. "Okay," she nodded.

He kissed her forehead and they walked holding hands. At the entrance, he bent over to pick up Sarah's letter from the floor and put the crumbled piece of paper in his pocket. Before setting foot outside, he stopped and looked at her and then down at their hands. She intertwined her fingers around his and squeezed.

"I won't let go if you don't," she said.

Hamdan returned the gesture and glancing at her, he contemplated the brand new beginning ahead of them. They were going to get married, and the how and what everyone else would say, seemed like the tiniest details, because everything that was important to him was there holding his hand. And she said yes.

---

On his way back from the bathroom, he picked up his boxers from the floor, put them on and went to open the door to let Rooster in again, after he politely kicked him out for privacy. The day before, Sarah worried about her dog being alone in the apartment, so Hamdan sent for the Labrador.

She peeked at her phone and let it back on the bedside table before lying back in bed wearing her panties only. To Hamdan, she was positively the sexiest, most beautiful creature to step on the face of the earth and when she pulled the sheets up to cover herself, he crawled onto bed to stop her.

"Don't. This is my favorite version of you."

"The naked version?" She wondered, turning sideways to be face to face.

He nodded with a smirk across his face. "Well, you're not entirely naked but I'll settle for this," his hand landed on her waist. "Why did you cut your hair?"