34. Dreaming

Hamdan came running down the stairs and went outside to wait on the driveway. As soon as the car stopped in front of him, he opened the door. His nerves lastly came to a rest when he saw Sarah lying on the back seat with a grin that split her lips.

"How do you like my new shoe?" She asked.

Hamdan crouched down to see the black splint on her foot on the far end of the seat, he looked down at her and she wiggled her eyebrows. He laughed at her buoyant attitude, she did not look like he had imagined at all.

He held her face between his hands and kissed her forehead. "You seem really animated for someone that just broke a foot."

Getting out of the passenger seat, Salem stood next to him. "Her meds really kicked in on the way here and now she thinks she's quite the comedian," he informed him, sounding grumpier than his usual self.

"I was just trying to make you smile, Salem! Is good for your soul," Sarah explained with excessive expressions. "Hamdan, what did the llama say when it got kicked out of the farm?"

"Don't answer that," Salem pleaded.

But that made Hamdan want to know even more. "What did the llama say?"

"Alpaca my bags!" She burst out laughing.

Salem growled.

Hamdan chuckled, looking up at his manager. "Come on, that's kind of funny."

It was not the joke, it was the fact that she was safe and sound that made him laugh.

"That's an awesome joke! You know who else is awesome?" Her arms flying around. "My doctor. Absolutely nothing hurts at the moment," her words were getting more slurry.

"You said only the best, so I asked the doctor what was the best he could do for her, and here you have it," Salem said, unamused.

Both men helped her out of the car and into the foyer, while Salem briefed on the doctor's orders. She was not supposed to put any weight on her foot for at least six weeks, she also needed to rest and keep it elevated until the swelling went down.

Hamdan held her by the waist while Salem went back to the car, he came back and left her medication, the bag she brought with herself to the race and a pair of crutches that she still needed to practice how to use. Hamdan thanked Salem and he quickly left before Sarah could finish another one of her jokes.

"When you told me that you would get on the back of a horse even if you had a broken leg, I thought you were talking figuratively," he said while Sarah wobbled around on one foot.

She found a steady spot and narrowed her eyes, taking one long look at him before speaking. "Why are you so handsome? Why? It's not fair," she took his cap off, threw it on the floor and ruffled his hair. "I love your hair, and I love— wait... what am I doing here? Why am I not home?" Her hands went down to hold onto his forearms.

"Because you're staying here with me."

"What? No!" She squirmed and pushed his hands away making him encircled his arms around her waist to not lose a hold of her.

"Why not?"

"Because you have that party to go to, to see Sheikha Fancy-pants," she took her tongue out while saying that name and her fists went over his chest.

"What? Who's Sheikha Fancy-pants?" He wondered if her medications were starting to affect her even more.

"I heard them, Hamdan. I bet she has perfectly manicured hands and Instagram worthy eyebrows. Look at my hands!" Her fingers were so close to his face that he had to tilt his head back. "I have rider hands!"