5. Convinced

Hamdan had been extra busy for the next two weeks, but managed to stop by the stables a few times. He saw Sarah there, but they only talked about Princesa or barely said hi. On Instagram, she had posted a picture of Rooster playing in the park and a throwback of her and Tom hugging with #mysoulmate as a caption. He freaked out a little before realizing that Tom was probably gay after a quick scroll through his account. Hamdan was still very intrigued by her. He didn't know how, but he had to have alone time with Sarah, to talk about something else besides horses. It seemed impossible, however, a golden opportunity had materialized.

It was a tradition at F3 stables to have a dinner party before the season started to motivate the entire team and wish everyone good luck. The whole team was invited from raiders, to trainers, to vets and all the staff members. The party was held at the stables gardens. On the green grass carpet was a big tent over a long table covered in white linen with very country chic style centerpieces. On one side there was a delicious seafood buffet waiting and at some smaller round tables, waiters were serving tea and lemonade to the guests.

Hamdan and Salem stepped out of the offices after a brief meeting and the first person he saw was Sarah, arriving at the gardens with Uma, the only other female rider at the stables.

"The girls are here!" Shouted Khalifa — another rider — putting his arms up in the air.

The riders were a close team and the boys were very protective of Uma. In past days, Hamdan witnessed how that behavior extended to Sarah as well, treating the two girls like sisters.

Sarah was wearing a dark yellow, long-sleeved maxi dress. Her hair was down and she was holding a drink in one hand and a white clutch on the other, laughing at something one of the guys said. Hamdan almost wanted to stop and contemplate her as he approached the group.

"Is everyone here?" Asked Hamdan, raising his voice slightly.

Everybody turned around to see him. Most of the men, just like him, were wearing white kanduras and keffiyehs.

"Yes," replied Khalifa.

"Okay!" Hamdan nodded, clapping his hands once. "Let's take a seat."

Sarah and Uma sat next to each other and Hamdan stood at the top of the table waiting for everyone to sit down. He cleared his throat and silence fell under the tent.

"Thank you all for being here and thank you for the effort you guys have been making getting the horses and yourselves ready for this new season," he began.

From where he was, he managed to see Sarah's beautiful eyes staring at him.

"I am very proud of F3 stables," Hamdan continued. "Not only for the victories we've had, but for you, the amazing team we have created. A strong team that supports each other, that works hard but most of all, a team that loves and respects our horses. So, let's keep doing what we do best and hope for a season full of joy and satisfaction."

The whole table started clapping.

"Now please, let's eat!" Finalized the prince.

After dinner, most people were standing up and gathered in different small groups. Sarah and Uma were with other riders and Hamdan was with Salem and two trainers discussing horses. Hamdan kept glancing at Sarah hoping to find the perfect moment to talk to her.