2. Cheers!

Sarah was seven-years-old when she took her first fall from a horse. No one seemed to notice that the mare she was about to ride was suffering from some pain on her back. As soon as Sarah sat on the saddle, the horse showed discomfort and started moving from side to side, trying to get Sarah off of her. Sarah managed to jump and fell on her butt. It wasn't a bad fall but she was very scared and tears began to fall down her face.

Pat ran up to her. "Hey, hey, hey... are you okay, doll?" He sweetly asked as he lifted her from the ground.

Sarah could not speak, she just nodded.

"Are you hurt?" He wondered.

She shook her head.

"Okay then, let's wipe those tears and try again."

"I don't want to," she mumbled.

"What do you mean? You don't want to ride again just because you fell once?"

Sarah lowered her head.

"Now, it is okay to be scared but I won't let you quit just because of that. We are not quitters," Pat reminded her. "You love horses and I know that your love for them is greater than the fear you're feeling right now."

Sarah looked up to her dad and found the courage she needed in his blue eyes. She sniffled, dried the last tears on her face with the back of her hand and jumped on the new horse the instructor had brought for her.

"That's my girl," Pat said proudly.

---

The Buddah Bar was one of the best places in town, right at the heart of the Dubai Marina. They served delicious Asian cuisine and played great dance music. Alcohol was also served there, which the occasion deserved. It was Thursday night and the place was full since most people get Friday off in the UAE. But Tom knew the owner and managed to get a reservation on short notice.

Tom had perfectly styled black hair and green eyes. He was sitting alone at the table for four right under the gigantic golden Buddah in the middle of the restaurant area. He was all dressed in black; blazer, t-shirt, pants and shoes.

"Are you going to a funeral later?" Questioned Sarah as she got near the table.

"It's the color of my soul, dear," he replied as he stood up to kiss and hug his best friend.

She looked radiant in her beige sleeveless blouse with a thin black belt around her waist, black skinny jeans and pumps.

"Looking good, girl!" Tom added.

"Thank you. You're as fabulous as usual."

Tom and Sarah had been best friends since kindergarten. They were inseparable until Tom decided to move after finishing high school. He loved Dubai and still visited often, but he wanted to be somewhere where he could be comfortable with his sexuality, and since his mother was British, London was the obvious place to be. Eventually, he became a real estate agent for high-end properties and Sarah was happy that he no longer lived in a place where it was illegal to be gay.

"When are you leaving me again?" Asked Sarah as she sat down next to him.

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Replied Sarah pouting.

"I will miss you more, I prom— Oh! There you are! We have been waiting for ages!" Lied Tom to their other two friends as soon as he saw them.

Erin had a black pixie haircut, she was tall and skinny and was wearing a navy pantsuit. She was a workaholic who dreamed of becoming one of the UAE's toughest lawyers.