22. Here

You lift my heart up
When the rest of me is down
You, you enchant me, even when you're not around
If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down
I'm latching on, babe
Now I know what I have found

---

Sarah was lying in an oversized lounge chair at the aft beach club with earbuds on as the sun was setting. Hamdan had been coming and going all day between her and the office, answering work phone calls and she took the chance to get a tan.

"I'm sorry." He apologized sitting next to her in swim trunks. "The Government Summit is this next weekend and—"

She sat up and took the earbuds off. "Hamdan, if you have work to do, we could go back."

"No. We won't. I just turned off my phones."

She angled her head. "Can you do that? What if something important comes up?"

"Nothing is more important right now," he said, brushing away the hair that the wind was blowing on her face.

Her cheeks felt warm with blush.

"Do you feel like taking a dip into the ocean?" He asked.

"Uh..."

Before she could say anything else, Hamdan stood up, walked to the edge and dived into the deep blue water.

"Get in here, Anderson!" He ordered with only his head out of the water.

He was so handsome and he was finally done with his work stuff, Hamdan was going to be all hers for the rest of the day, she could not say no to him.

"Fine," Sarah rose to her feet. "But I can't be all cool like you and dive in," she admitted, sitting by the edge of the yacht and getting her legs in first.

The water felt particularly cold, given she had been tanning for at least an hour and her breathing was cut short when she was finally in the water all the way up to her neck.

Hamdan swam closer and took her hand, pulling her away from the safety of The Smeralda. He placed her hand on his shoulder and held her by the waist. 

"It's not that bad, is it?" He comforted her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing herself closer. "I guess not."

"Sarah?"

"Yes," she replied, losing herself into his stare.

"Hold your breath!" He warned, hugging her tight at the same time and pulled both of them down into the water.

She could barely catch a breath before her face was submerged into the ocean and she hugged Hamdan back, never before feeling so scared of letting go.

He brought them back to the surface.

"Stop it!" She called, drying the water from her eyes.

"Stop what? This?"

He pulled them back down one more time, deeper, and Sarah not only wrapped her arms around him, but her legs too. She let some air out through her nose and felt him swimming back up.

That time, she remained in place, with eyes closed and holding onto Hamdan with everything she could, trying to get herself ready for another dip.

"Are you okay?" He asked, laughing.

"Yes, but you're the worst."

"I'm going to keep doing it if that makes you hold onto me like this."