6. Supermoon

The next day Sarah was back at Princesa's stall, currying the mare after training. She had her earbuds on so she didn't hear the footsteps getting closer.

"Here you are!" Salem exclaimed, as if he had been looking for her all morning.

"Hey!" Replied Sarah, taking her earbuds off. "What's up?"

Both his hands landed on his hips. "Well, you know the Sheikha Fatima All Ladies Race coming up next month in Abu Dhabi, right?"

Sarah's eyes opened up expectantly. "Yeah..."

"Do you want to race?"

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," he shrugged.

"Are you kidding? Yes!"

"Well, then you two better get ready."

She jumped and turned to hug Princesa's neck. "Did you hear? We're racing!"

When she turned back around, Salem was gone. She popped her head out the stall and saw him walking away.

"Thank you, Salem!" She shouted in the sweetest voice she could manage, knowing it would annoy him.

"Don't thank me!" He yelled back without stopping.

Sarah knew what he meant. Her face lighted up with an idea but almost immediately she bit her lower lip wondering if she should go through with it.

Hamdan had been working all morning with his father and his brother Maktoum on the Youth Retreat. He was highly involved with the cause and was excited about the events of the day. When he got in the passenger seat of his car to go to lunch, he finally started checking his phone for the first time in hours. Maktoum and Uncle Saeed were doing the same on the back seat as Saeed Hilal drove.

Hamdan grinned when he saw Sarah's private message on Instagram.

Thank you. We won't let you down.

It was the perfect opportunity to keep in touch with her. He knew he would not have much time to drop by the stables with the busy schedule ahead and the trip he had planned to Uzbekistan with the guys. Besides, this way he could talk to her privately.

Hamdan

I know you won't. Are you feeling better today?

Sarah
Don't even mention that... I feel so silly about it.

Hamdan
You feel silly? I was the one who blurted out all of my issues as if you were my therapist. I'm sorry if it was uncomfortable.

Sarah
Don't apologize. It wasn't.

Hamdan
Good, because I've been thinking about what you said and maybe you are right.

Sarah
Really? Then maybe I should become a therapist too! That would make a graphic designer/endurance rider/therapist!

Hamdan
Interesting combination. Didn't know you were a designer.

Sarah
Yes, I am. And I'm happy to know my advice was helpful.