39. Silent

We'll never know
We'll never know
What stands behind the door
But I got a feeling and it's a feeling that's worth dying for
Just close your eyes and hold your breath because it feels right
We'll keep it moving until we make it to the other side
And let's enjoy the ride

---

When they crossed the door, Sarah was quickly snatched away from Hamdan's grip by Tom. Her best friend held her up in a spinning hug that made her squeal. The look on Sarah's face was priceless and exactly what Hamdan was hoping to get. It was a mix of surprise and overjoy, topped with that beautiful smile of hers. Sarah gasped when Tom put her down and realized Abby and Erin were there as well. The four friends embraced each other in a group hug.

On the right side of the terrace, there was a long table already set with ten chairs. The left side had been turned into a lounge area with couches and the karaoke machine Tom had requested.

"What are you guys doing here? How did this happen?" Sarah asked once they all took a step back.

"Hamdan called me and we arranged everything," Tom confided.

Sarah turned to Hamdan with furrowed eyebrows. "How did you--" She cut herself off when she noticed there were more people there.

She glanced at his siblings and then back at him. Futaim was sitting on a couch with Maryam and Ahmed.

"Come, I'll introduce you," he took her hand. "I stole Tom's number from your phone," he mumbled in her ear as they approached Ahmed and his sisters.

"I forgot you had a history of stealing people's personal info," she whispered back.

Futaim, Maryam and Ahmed stood up and Hamdan began with the introductions.

"This is Maryam. Maryam, this is Sarah."

"Hi!" Maryam gave Sarah a double kiss. "I'm one of the Maryams."

"There's more than one?" Sarah wondered.

The four siblings chuckled.

"Darling, don't even get us started on the Latifas," Maryam pouted.

"We'll take baby steps don't worry," Futaim winked, patting Sarah on the upper arm.

"You're so cute!" Maryam admitted

"I told you she was cute!" Futaim nudged.

"Shaikha is going to kill you, Hamdan," Maryan warned, looking at him under her lashes. "When she finds out that we knew and she didn't."

"Well, she's not going to find out for now," Hamdan placed his palm on Sarah's back to address his brother. "This is Ahmed."

"Nice to meet you, Sarah. I've heard a lot about you."

"Really?" Sarah turned to Hamdan while shaking his brother's hand.

"Just a couple of things," Hamdan shrugged.

She squinted her eyes and turned to Ahmed again. "Nice to meet you, Ahmed."

Hamdan continued. "Over there is Maktoum, busy on the phone."

Leaning against the rail, on the furthest corner of the terrace, Maktoum pinched his thumb and index finger together, indicating his call was not going to take long.

"So, you've met my friends?" Sarah guessed.

"Yeah!" Futaim replied. "We've been hanging out for a while here."