32. Mine

Hamdan rolled over in bed, his hand patting around trying to find her. Flipping his eyelids open, he realized it was only him on Sarah's bed. That was a first, waking up in a girl's room. Normally, we would prefer his encounters to be conducted on his territory — more specifically — one of his smaller apartments scattered around the country, or a hotel when he was out of town. Sarah was the first girl he invited over to his house. It simply felt right to do so, just as he felt comfortable being at hers.

Stretching out his arms, he heard music coming from outside the bedroom. His phone chimed and he rolled his eyes at the dozens of messages and e-mails waiting to be read. Ignoring all of it, he texted Saeed Hilal his whereabouts and asked to not be disturbed. It was Friday, he had the morning off and was looking forward to spending all of it with Sarah, unless of course, Miss Anderson happened to be otherwise engaged.

He got up and after a quick visit to the en suite bathroom, picked up his sweatpants from the floor. The t-shirt was nowhere to be found. Putting them back on, he started examining Sarah's room, he had not seen much of it the night before. There was an iron bed in the middle with purple bedding in disarray. Dark caramel walls surrounded the room, one mosaic lamp on each of the bedside tables and a dresser across from the bed. Among the books, bracelets and makeup on it, there was a perfume bottle. Hamdan picked it up, removed the lid and held it to his nose. Even though it was her scent, he was disappointed as it didn't smell as it did on her skin. He put it back in place and recognized the black box on the further corner of the dresser. He took out the bracelet he got her for Valentine's and put it in his pocket.

Searching around, his eyes then traveled to a cork board on the wall next to the door. Getting a closer look, he discovered all sorts of pictures and notes pinned on it, including the ones from the flower arrangements he had sent. There was a picture of Sarah as a little girl, he was sure it was her, he could recognize those eyes anywhere. She was sitting on a couch with an older couple, probably her grandparents. He snorted when he saw another picture of her and Tom, both of them as teenagers showing off their braces. Lots of pictures with mom and dad, but his favorites were the ones of her riding horses.

An appetizing smell disturbed his brief exploration. He walked out into the hallway and Sarah's voice singing along to the music started to fade in. He stopped before making a turn into the kitchen and listened, her voice was natural and sweet and the song sounded familiar, it was a popular one, he probably had heard it from one of his younger sisters' cell phones. He spun into the kitchen and found her facing the stove.

There's my t-shirt.

He beamed at the fact that despite having all of her clothes there, she chose to wear his. Rooster was the first one to notice his presence, when the Lab left Sarah's side and walked up to him, she turned around, but instead of being startled and stop singing as he was expecting her to do, she grabbed a spatula to use as a microphone and continued on with her little singing number, adding a sexy dance to it. Perhaps, it was only a regular dance, but even her sneezes were sexy to him.

Good morning to me...

The song ended, she let out a laugh and pecked him on the lips. "There you have it. Now you heard me sing," she shrugged, turned around and went back to the stove. "Breakfast?" She asked, but before he could answer she turned back around again. "You're staying for breakfast, right?"

"Actually, I have this thing..." He trailed off, wrinkling his nose.

She gave her a lost puppy look and he could not keep it up.

"No, just kidding," he admitted. "I'll stay."

Her face lit up one more time. "I wasn't sure about what to make and then I remembered seeing an omelette on your Instagram, so omelettes it is!" She finished with a grin and arms up, shifting her body to the stove again.