Hamdan thanked Mohammed and asked for one last favor. "Could I count on your discretion?"

"Of course, sir. Anything for you and your family." Mohammed beamed.

The security door to the ICU beeped and and a petite woman with dark hair and droopy eyes came out.

"Doctor Gouher, goodnight." Hamdan greeted. "We've never met but I'm--"

"Sheikh Hamdan." The doctor finished the sentence for him.

"Hamdan is fine." He pointed out. "My friend Mohammed here, tells me you're the only one who can help me. I need to see a patient in the ICU."

Doctor Gouher frowned. "But visiting hours are--"

"I know, I know. But I can't let people see me here."

"Who do you want to see?" She asked.

"Sarah Anderson. She's my fiancée, but no one knows about it."

She puffed. "I'm sorry Shei--"

"Hamdan."

"I'm sorry, Hamdan." The doctor corrected herself. "But without her family here..."

"Please, I'm begging you." Hamdan brought his palms together in front of his mouth. "Are you married?"

Doctor Gouher frowned again.

"I don't mean to intrude," he apologized. "But yesterday.... Yesterday I asked her to marry me and she said yes and we made all this plans and then she went riding and--"

"Fine. You can have fifteen minutes." She conceded.

Only fifteen?!

"How about thirty?"

She rolled her eyes. "Twenty. And don't make me change my mind."

Doctor Gouher entered the code and pushed the door open, it led to a tiny room with an stainless steel sink.

"Wash your hands, please." She requested.

Hamdan followed the instructions while the doctor watched him closely. He dried his hands and she entered a code to open a second door. The Intensive Care Unit was a long corridor, in front of him he could see nothing but blue curtains, in the middle of the hallway across from the curtains, there was a nurse station.

"There are no rooms?" Hamdan asked the doctor while following her.

"It's important for us to have easy access to patients in case of an emergency or if they need to be transported to the operating room hurriedly." The doctor explained.

Doctor Gouher held on the curtain at the end of the hall and paused before opening. "I should warn you, she has a breathing tube in her mouth, is normal procedure for patients under induced coma. She also has a neck brace on and several cords attached to her chest and arms, those help us monitor her vitals at all times and she also has an IV-line to introduce medication into her blood stream."

"Okay." Hamdan nodded.

The doctor opened the curtains and stepped to the side. "Twenty minutes." She reminded him as he walked in.

He heard the curtains close and stood in front of Sarah's bed. As much as the doctor warned him, there was nothing that could prepare him to see her surrounded by beeping machines and tubes coming out of her. He painfully closed his eyes to keep the tears in. She needed him much more that he needed her, being strong was the only way. So, he took a deep a breath and pulled a chair to sit next to her. The first thing he noticed was that her bracelet was missing. He held her hand between his, almost too scared to move any of the things attached to her.