Amnesiac

Why is it even when you are trying your hardest not to get attached, something still sneaks up on you? Like can you not remember the #1 Rule? Never get too freaking attached, because if you do? You are    

f u c k e d.

RHIAN'S POV

"Thank you for finally showing up."

"I came as soon as I could."

Solenn sat in front of me, calmly, as she reached for the already cold coffee on top of the table. Her fingers were agitated from an unknown reason. To a reason that I am eager to find out.

"I've been trying to reach you for 2 weeks but you don't answer my calls or text." I said calmly as I could but really, I was dying to know why she hid herself from us.

Did the wish work? Did she really forget everything what happened to that island? Did she thought it was weird that I was firing up her phone? Or even talking to her? This will be awkward if she really did forget about everything that we all have been through.

I need to know or I'll go gaga right now.

"I've been busy. Getting my mind occupied." She whispered.

"She had a severe concussion on the lower right part of her brain. The doctor said that the brain damage was because of the blow to the head." I said as I sat comfortably on the leather couch.

"So it's true then." She paused and inhaled an enormous amount of air. Her hands were shaking and I can see that she is still in a state of shock.

"If I have known earlier I would hav-.." She whispered and stared blankly on her double shot espresso.

"Where were you 2 weeks ago?" I tried to study her reaction to every word that I would say. A single blink can miss the biggest giveaway at any second.

It's been two weeks since we arrived back to manila and since then, we haven't heard anything from Solenn. Only I was able to get a hold of her, only because she called me yesterday to meet up at this coffee shop.

"What? Why?" She said in confusion.

"I just need to know something. Where did you go 2 weeks ago?" I said and stared intensely.

"I was at Dubai with my friends." She slowly pushed the cup away from her, probably because she was having a hunch that I was somehow observing her.

"Said who?" I asked doubtfully.

"Why are you being weird?"

She said and made me release my hands that were squeezed so tight a while ago that finally let the blood from my veins flow. I didn't notice that my hands were already cold from the tense I was feeling.

Chill. I need to act cool.

"I'm not. I'm just asking who said that you were with your friends in Dubai 2 weeks ago?" I said and inhaled calmly.

"Besides the fact that I was there?"

Touche.