Submission

When we were younger, we were free. There was not a thing that we could care less but ourselves. We do what we want, when we want and why we want to do it regarless if we hurt someone because being young means that you are exempted from this cruel reality. You get to be understood, you get to be forgiven, you get another chance or maybe a couple of hundred times. You don't need to say Sorry.

But like you and me, everyone gets old. Being old means that you have to be liable to whatever actions you do. You should be careful for every choices you make because bad choices may lead you to hurting people. And im telling you, it sucks to look at them in the eyes. You already should  be thinking straight before making a decision because actions without thinking means you are careless. There's a difference now.

In a situation where you only wanted to be with the one you love just because you want to be happy, then reality will come back and punch you in the face. Society's expectations are one of the most powerful influences nowadays, if its wrong in their eyes, it'll be damn hard for you to reach that happily ever after you and your love one is dying to have.

Can we just go back to the day when the world began? Where there was no race, no gender, no religion, no nationality, no descrimination and no damn social classes. Maybe then, all of us can be free from those disgust eyes staring everytime you hold someone's hand in public.

Maybe then, you and I can be happy.

Over looking the city has always been breathtaking. The cold breeze of the silent night calms my nerves and makes me forget all the pain that keeps on banging on my chest.
I just want to forget, even just for a second.

"Rhian......"

A voice that seemed to be over the edge as it trembled the stairs going up. I saw a glimps of a shadow that caught my attention that came from the door where I entered a while ago.

I glanced back to where the voice came from. My heart stopped beating from the moment I saw her. Her eyes seemed to be confused.

"What did you just say?" She asked with a very shocked expression as she gasp for words.

Our eyes were locked. The distance between us was near yet so far away as she stood infront of me. My heart kept on pounding and pounding. Flashbacks were playing on my mind from the first day that I met her, to the future that awaits us if my father finds out about this sweet sin im about to embrace.

"Im scared...." My voice trembled.

She stood there.. Just staring.

"What are you saying?" She asked as she lessen the distance between us.

"Im scared of loving you.." I said as my voice gave a sound of fear.

"..but I do." A tear escaped my eye.

"I really do and it scares me so much." Anxiety enclosed my face. I was beginning to become hysterical by the minute.

"Even if I try to, I can't unlove you.."

"You're always on my thoughts." I said as I stroke my hair with my two hands. The revelation that was coming out from my own mouth made me feel crazy inside.

"Even if I tell myself that I don't want you, I don't like you, Im disgusted with your world!" I shouted with all the energy that I have left.