For the first time

BIANCA'S POV

Night falls, and we were still surrounded by suffocating walls that seems to be getting smaller by the minute. My head hurts really bad and I'm starting to feel the neighbouring cold aura on my skin. I'm having trouble with opening my eyes and I can feel the dull throb at my back as the pain starts and stops quickly and repeatedly. I tried to move as careful as I can but the pain obviously dominates. I arched my elbow to try and sit me up. Before I knew it, a slap landed on my face that surprised the hell out of me and immediately took me off balance and landed on my sprained back.

"Ouch." I said as loud as I could get but it sounded more of a whisper. I don't have that much strength to defend myself quickly. As soon as I returned my gaze, I felt a comforting warmth on the right side of my body and some sort of liquid was traveling on my neck.

"Stop moving, Mom. 5 more minutes." She said that looks like she was still stuck on her lucid dream. She looks so peaceful and so calm. It'll be selfish of me to pull her back to our terrifying reality, but then again..

"Solenn! You're drooling over me!" I shouted that woke her up looking dazed and confused.

"No! Mom, please! Don't go!" She said out of the blue, totally disregarding my statement a few moments ago. It seems that she's battling her nightmare again. I don't like it whenever she's in this kind of phase, where the universe is trying to crush her spirit, making her remember that one faithful night at the hospital.  I don't think anyone can understand her pain and what she had to deal in such a young age.

I've noticed that her arms are still wrapped around me and she was quiet close for my comfort. I stared at her and didn't know what to actually say in this kind of situation. "Why are you hugging me?" I asked with a litte hesitation. Her gaze went to my direction and it seems that she was still stuck on her dream earlier, debating with herself where the heck is this located on earth and why the hell we are in this dreadful God forsaken place. 

She seem to realize our position because after what I said, it earned me a big fat.. ''Ouch!''

Slap on the face.

''Why were you hugging me??'' She asked in panic. ''What? No! You were huggi-..'' I answered but was interrupted. ''Did you just molest me..'' She said nervously. ''Woah there. Let's not get into conclusions. I was lying on the floor but yo-..'' I said but was interrupted again. ''..with out my consent?'' She said now trying to stand up. ''What the fu--?'' I asked with a poker face.

I tried to sit up with all the strength I got before returning my gaze back up to her. ''Solenn, don't you remember what happened last night?'' She eyed me and tried to think for a second.''Well, let's see. Hmm.'' Her brows went closer and started to tap her chin. ''We were trapped in this stink hole because some crazy shit was trying to kill us with its odd looking spear.''

She smiled, this time it was a one of kind that you do not see everyday. ''But in my great surprise, you dodged it with your bare back because you saw that it was aiming right at me.'' She paused and there was something in her eyes that I couldn't put my finger on. What was she thinking?

''You were willing to risk your life just to protect me, this useless piece of shit.'' She said with her eyes totally submitting. Is this Solenn I'm seeing?

''Why did you do that?'' She asked, now she was getting sloser. ''I uhm..''

She is right.

Why did I even throw myself to her with out thinking that I could have said good bye to everyone that ever mattered to me just because of that rational decision I made? I mean yeah, we are friends. But when the situation happened really fast, I didn't had the time to think things through.
I suddenly felt afraid of losing her.