Heads or Tails?

''Sometimes you got to learn how to run before you can walk.''

At some point, a cliche thought keeps on popping on the back of my head. Some turn of events either make or break you. You are afraid to let your guard down because you are too fed up of people walking in your lives and coming out like they ripped your soul out, with out having an inch of clue how much they ruined you.

BIANCA'S POV

After the announcement that stage 1 has officially started, everyone in the hall freaked out. It's not about the sudden realisation that the competition has finally begun but, a victim that was held sacrificed and was left with no heart beat hanging in mid air.

"What the fuck, can someone get that girl down?!" Someone screamed from behind. Massive amount of people started panicking and some even cried because let's face it, it's not everyday you see a dead body.

I saw Jasmine, Nikki and Joanne talking aggressively, giving the feeling that they were planning about a rescue mission even with their hairs perfectly tied up with a hair piece on.

My heart beat went faster as my eyes gazed back up at the woman. I saw Solenn's concerned face as she shot a stare at me and I know that she knew what I am planning to do.

With out any more time to waste, I broke the emergency glass and pulled out the axe inside it. I dashed as fast as I could even though I know deep inside that there was no more life on that body, still my heart ached for hope.

I passed the axe to Chynna and she knew exactly what to do. She ran towards the metal bars that what's holding the chandelier and made a full swing at it. My breath hitch at the sight of the falling diamonds with a girl wrapped around it. Like my head had a mind of it's own, my feet took a full speed at dodging the girl before it even hits the floor. Surprisingly, I got her before she gets even more brutally lacerated. Like, hell would it still matter anyway.

Everyone from the competition basically ran off, along with the old bartender and only me and my friends stayed to give a damn about the whole situation.

I removed the rope that was tangled on her neck as I laid her down gently. Rhian covered her mouth with both of her hands as she saw the purple and black lines on the womans neck. It was a very intense moment for everyone and Solenn just held her hand on my shoulder and patted my back. More on like it meant I'm proud of you for trying.

I wasn't the one to give up easily.

I did whatever that registered in my head for a first aid. I carefully positioned both of my hands pressed together and pumped it near her heart, it was the most humanly possible thing to do. Even when all hopes are gone, you need to at least try.

In the moment they all put their heads down and accepted the fate, trying so hard not to grieve over the poor young woman. I continuously tried to, well continue.

"Stop, Bianca." Jasmine whispered, trying to convince me that it's all over.

I pumped and pumped vigorously, wishing this won't have to end this way. "B, you're making it worse." Rhain said and tried to pull off my arm but I snatched it back, still tried to continue what is obviously a dead end.

My sweat was pouring from my face as I tried to revive the impossible. I was in denial that I can hear the girls trying hard to slap me back to reality, that I had to give it up. My vision was becoming cloudier and cloudier, moreover because it was already tears that were replacing the liquid on my face.

You need to live. I whispered to myself.

One more pump, wake up! I shouted in my head.