Selflessly Unselfish

BIANCA'S POV

I tried to ran after her but when I opened the door, she was gone. My heart ached at the realisation that she left me and I couldn't even imagine how painful it will make me feel if I lost her. She needed to hear what I had to say. She needed to know why I did what I had to do.

Night falls and I still couldn't find Solenn. You can't find someone who doesn't want to be found. My feet took me back to the garden,

And there I saw Liza for the first time sitting in front of that statue. That stupid statue.

My fingers were tapping on my legs as I stood awkwardly and tried to construct a perfect excuse to another woman. How would you even start telling a girl that whatever you and her felt was all make believe? That you intentionally made her fall for you but you had no plans of catching her in the first place. How? Well, there's no excuse for that. The only thing you can do is to man up to your actions and suck it all in when she decides to slap the skin out of your face. Because c'mon, what else can you say? You deserved it. Now own up to your mistakes and just hope that she'll be okay.

"Hey, Liz." I finally said as I sat beside her after a few minutes of silence.

"I know what you're gonna say, Bianca. It's okay. I knew it all along." She whispered the last 5 words. "You always loved her and I never felt for a minute you didn't."

"How did you ..?" I asked dumbfounded. Didn't expect that at all.

"I have my ways." She smiled and pointed at Jess AKA The Witch and Alex while they pick flowers on the other side. Alex was putting small Ixora Coccinea or in filipino, santan on Jess's ears as she giggles. It turns out that, Jess is the Black Diamond all along. I mean, the diamond around her neck was given to her by her grandmother, the First Queen.  In accordance that she is next in line for the throne. Her diamond was destined to combine the two kingdoms and her mom was obviously not a fan of that destiny that's why the first Queen handed it over to Jess, the reason why she wanted to control her daughter. Maybe that's why no one ever actually found it because it wasn't IT, it was a she. And she was the princess on the other side and everyone in the real world somehow found out about it and wanted the power to grant limitless wishes, yet no one really knew how dangerous to hold something of infinite answers to every thing. No human can ever handle that.

"That's a long story. For another chapter. Or another story to tell." She winked and gave a weak smile. 

"I'm guessing by now you and Solenn aren't in good terms," She added.

"More like she broke up with me." I said and held my head with both hands as I exhaled deeply.

"Why? She couldn't handle a little competition?" Liza jokingly said as she bumped our shoulders that made me tilt my head at her.

"She already competed a lot of battles to win over a girl, believe me that's why we're here in the first place."   I said, "And I hate myself for making her feel that she needed to compete again to win me when in reality, she already won my heart. 7 years ago."

I exhaled before I spoke and faced Liza. There's no other way to say this but I had to, I have to do the right thing and at least give her an explanation , "What I did to you.. Is s--.."

"Shut up, don't make me feel worse about it." She smiled and nodded her head. "I get it. You did that to save her."

I laid my head back and exhaled heavily as I closed my eyes. "I wish everyone can see things the way you do. They all think I'm an asshole." I said.

"Well you are," She said.

I rolled my eyes. "Even your wife thinks I'm a piece of shit after the stunt I did. How's George by the way? On her way here to kill me?"