102. #2 Duncan Keith (Chicago Blackhawks)

For @alizeefe , hope you'll like it!:) 

Yes, it was sad seeing your husband's team being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. And it was extremely sad seeing your husband beating himself over quickly finished series. For a few days, he was just sitting at home for majority of the day and it hurt you whenever he asked you: "Did we let our fans down?"

Everytime you gave him the same answer. No. You can't always win or please everyone. A few days passed and his mood eventually got better. But what brought smile to your cheeks was how loving was he around your three-month-old daughter, Ava. Whenever he held her in his hands, his smile lightened up your home and your baby daughter never lost her toothless smile. With his daughter in his hands, he seemed to forget the unexpected early ending of the season.

One day, while cradling his baby girl close to his chest, he looks at you. Just for a quick second as he takes a break from making grimaces that make Ava smile: "How does a family trip sound to you?"

You look at him, arms crossed on your chest and your brow slightly raised: "Just like that, out of the blue?"

"Well, I have been planning this for a week now and you are free, right?"
"What exactly do you have in mind?"
"A trip to the beach. Just you, Ava and me. A family trip away from everyday madhouse."

"But where-"
"Miami."
"Miami? As Miami, Florida?"
"Yep."
"But that's far and I don't think we have airplane tickets..."

"Don't worry, I thought about it too. I know how much you wanted to travel by RV and as soon as the season ended, I made a few calls."

"RV? Duncan, please, don't tell me you are joking..."

He pulls a bunch of keys from his pocket and holds it up. All that is done without moving or interrupting Ava the slightest and your heart melts as you see how careful he is around her. You never thought a hockey player could be that gentle or sweet, but Duncan is a living proof how wrong you have been.

"Do you believe me now?"
"Dunc..."
"Take them and make sure it's still there where I left it yesterday. Parking area on the right from here."

You take the keys, still sure he is just pranking you. Even him, as a hockey player, can't just run around and rent (or, oh god, please no, buy) an RV in such a short time.

When you return to your apartment a few minutes later, you are speechless. Duncan looks at you from the couch with slightly excited eyes: "So? What do ya say?"
"I-I thought you were jo-joking. Where is Ava?"
"She fell asleep and I put her in a crib," he smiles and gets up from the couch. In two short steps, he is right in front of you, his chest only a few inches away from yours. Gently, he takes your hands in his and whispers: "So, what do you say? Come on, we need this, we need a vacation."

"There's a baby crib in the RV, did you know that?"
"I asked the to give me a young family friendly RV."

"You really thought of everything, didn't you?"

"Did I make you happy?"
You step on your tiptoes and kiss chin, brushing your lips against his unshaven beard. You don't speak up, even when you step away from him and look at his face only to see how hard is he trying not to show how much he is excited to hear your answer.

"Did I make you happy?" he asks again, his voice soft. Your groan internally, it's obvious he didn't get the point of your gesture. You approach him again and kiss both corners of his lips: "What does that tell you?"
"That it made you really happy."
"We are married, have been for a few years now, we have a daughter and we have been dating since freshman year of high school, yet you still have to ask if that made me happy? Even if you didn't do that, I would still be happy, and do you know why?"
Before he can answer, you speak up again: "Because I love you for being you and not for things you get Ava and I. And because spending time with you is the best gift I could ask for."