56. #20 Brandon Saad (Columbus Blue Jackets)

For CrazyChickSusie, hope you'll like it:) 

And again, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all! Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting! I've never imagined anyone would read that and it means a lot to me:)

As you walked down the aisle a week ago, you believed you were the luckiest girl alive. Finally, after years of finding someone who would make you feel wanted and loved, someone who would like you for who you are not how you look like and someone who'd be by your side in the darkest of times, you were marrying Brandon Saad, the most amazing and loving guy you had ever met.

The wedding itself was simple and romantic, away from the media circus. Brandon has never looked so beautiful in his tux and love, glowing from his eyes, made you fall in love with him all over again.

~Flashback-Wedding day~

You spin in front of a mirror and look at yourself. Soft white fabric twirls around your ankles and the diamond necklace catches a beam of light. Your hair has never been softer or more beautifully done than today and the light in your eyes has never been brighter.

"You. Look. Stunning!" your bridesmaid and your co-worker, Jaclyn, says as she hands you your beautiful bouquet of roses, orchid and other exotic flowers.

"You think so?"
"Of course. Come on, future Mrs. Saad, we have a waiting groom."
You check out your appearance for the last time, touch the luxurious material of your dress, your diamond earrings and finally head out, exhaling deeply. This is it. After today you will be known as Mrs. Susie Saad.

When Brandon notices you, his mouth open and when you get to him, he takes yours hand in his, kissing it before he whispers: "You look beautiful."

That day was officially the happiest day of your life, even though your dress and your hair got a bit dirty from cake. Yes, your new husband couldn't resist and he smeared your wedding cake all over your hair, a bit of icing dripping on your dress. But it still was the day you would never forget.

And now, only a week after, it seems your marriage won't last long. You are looking at travel brochures while Brandon is in his office, taking a phone call from a friend from his high school years.

"Brandon!" you call him and he appears on the door, signaling you he can't talk right now. You sigh deeply and roll your eyes before pointing on a pile of brochures with promising descriptions of various destinations.

"We have to decide where to go for our honeymoon," you mouth at him, but he turns around. Frustrated sigh escapes your lips and you lean your head in your palms. That's not how you pictured marriage. And why are you picking up your honeymoon destination only now? Well, because Brandon didn't have time to sit down with you and decide where to go. And you didn't want to pick destination by yourself.

"Can't you see when I am on the phone?" annoyed voice says behind your back, making you turn around with deep sigh: "Brandon, it's about our honeymoon."
"I might not have time. Hockey and everything."
"Hockey, hockey, hockey. Can't you forget about it for two weeks? Or maybe one week?"
"You know that hockey is my job! I told you that on our first date and you said you understand! Beside, without my job...how would you be able to spend that much on clothes and all this expensive things?"

You look at him, your mouth wide open in disbelief. He hasn't just called you a "shopaholic" between lines!

"What am I supposed to do every day? You are never home and even when you are, you just sit on a couch and watch those dumb highlights!"