10. #3 Olli Maatta (Pittsburgh Penguins)

After long-lasting hard studying, countless hours spent behind books and lack of fun, you got accepted to University of Pittsburgh and moved to Pennsylvania. And even there you studied hard. Almost every evening, when your friends were out, you sat behind the table and reading notes from classes. However, due to your good working ethic and ability to organize, you still had time to join dance team, where you were leading the group.
One day, at one of the rare parties you went, one of your friends, who had known many NHL stars (you never asked her how), introduced you to Olli Maatta, who was invited, along with few of his team mates, by your friend.  At first you did not really notice how attractive and well-behaved he was, but as the time flew by, you started liking him a lot. Few months later, you had both been on yet another party and soon after that, you two had started dating. It was not your first relationship, but surely it was the most romantic one. You couldn't believe your luck- you, considered as a geek, had caught attention of a popular hockey player, who was extremely caring and protective.

Two years later, you were still with him and you still loved him as much as when you had started. Not long ago you even moved to his apartment, even though your mother disapproved it since the day you had first mentioned that idea. She thought that'd distract you from your studying and from your great results. You had to solemnly promise her that'd not distract you.

So there you were, studying again, while Olli was getting ready for another night out with his team mates.
"Come on, Y/N, I barely spend time with you. Come with me," he pleaded while buttoning up his shirt. You quickly looked at him and shrugged your shoulders. You really wanted to go out, but you exam was approaching real quick and you wanted to pass it with flying colors, to show your mom moving in with Olli was not a mistake.
"I have to study, Olli. I wish I could go out..."
"Always same thing. You never have time, Y/N! Never! I want to spend some quality time with my girlfriend, but she rather studies!"
"It's not like I prefer studying over hanging out with you! I want to prove my mum moving in with you was not a mistake!"
Now you were on your feet, yelling at him who you had love for two years and had never raised your voice at him in that entire time. Even him seemed surprised at first, but then he just loudly exhaled in frustration and yelled: "Fine then! I'll go out by myself and leave you to study if that's what you want."
"I don't want to study that much, but I have an exam soon, you must understand," you tried to convince him calmly, but he was on the edge of his nerves and you knew calming him would not be an easy job.
"Yeah, I've heard that excuse quite often," he said already on the door stand and stormed out, leaving you with your notes and thoughts. You tried to focus on what was written, but you couldn't get Olli's reaction out of your mind. He was so nice to you and you rather studied than went out with him. Knowing you hurt him, you decided in a moment. It was time for you to go out... you rushed to your closet and grabbed the first pair of jeans and a shirt that came under your grip. Within fifteen minutes you were standing in front of a bar where Olli and the rest of the Pens usually went. Hesitantly, you entered and the first thing your eyes noticed was Olli dancing with some random chick. In that moment you knew, you knew, Olli would be just fine without you. still being a proud girl, you walked your way through the crowd and lightly tapped Olli's shoulder to get his attention. It worked immediately. He turned around and met your eyes.
"Y/N, I can explain..."
"You can? I wanted to tell you how sorry I was for letting you down, but now...I think we are through..."
He grabbed your hand and pulled you after him, away from the crowd and out of the club so you could talk, not yell.
As soon as you stepped out, he held you on his arms-length in an iron grip: "What makes you think I did anything wrong?"
"You were dancing with that girl and appeared to have even more fun without me. Why don't you find another girl, who loves to party and..."
"Shut up, just shut up! I don't want any other girl, I want you. and you only. I am sorry for yelling at you earlier, but I got pissed off."
"Well, so you had to calm down with another girl I suppose."
"I don't even know her name. she came to me and started dancing with me. Trust me, you pissed me off, but I'd never hurt you. Never in a million years."
"I am so sorry for pissing you off, but..."
"I know how important your education is," he whispered and questionably put his lips on yours. As much as you loved him, as much as you trusted him, you couldn't instantly forget what you had seen.
"What's wrong?"
"I love you, but that girl is still bothering me..."
"I told you, every girl is nothing compared to you. Especially not a random girl I've never met and will never meet again."
Determination to prove his love for you was glowing from his eyes like thousands stars on a sky above your heads and you realized he meant it.
"I swear I will spend more time with you, Olli."
"And I promise I won't be mad at you for studying too much. I love you," he said and kissed your lower lip.
"I love you too," you mumbled in his lips and kissed him back, there in front of a club, thousands stars shining upon the two of you.

For Djviani , hope you like it!:) sorry, it took so long and if it seems a bit messed up, i have one really annoying subject at university right now and i can barely function properly:(