22. #27 Alex Galchenyuk (Montreal Canadiens)

"Alex, can I come over, please?" you sobbed in your cell phone. On the other side of the line was Alex Galchenyuk, Canadiens player and your good friend since your childhood years, who you renewed your friendship with when you moved to Montreal.
"Well, I don't have practice tonight... but guys invited me to go out with them," he replied hesitantly, his voice flowing through the lines to your ear. Instead of answering, you sobbed even louder.
"I will tell them I cannot join them. Come over."
You cut the call and somehow stumbled outside. With your legs still shaky, you collapsed in your car when you realized driving in the condition you were currently it wouldn't be the brightest idea, so you somehow managed to pull yourself together just enough to call a taxi.
"Tough breakup, darling?" a friendly taxi driver asked you after ten minutes from when you had sat in his taxi.
"He is c-cheating on me," you sobbed, tears streaming down your face like a river after rain. Taxi driver wordlessly passed you a box of tissues. Another ten minutes passed before he stopped in front of Alex's house. When you paid for the ride, taxi driver wished you luck and didn't even want to take a tip you were trying to give him.
"I hope everything works out for you," he said before driving away.
"So do I," you whispered to yourself before you approached Alex's door. However, before your hand touched wood of his door, Alex opened it. As soon as the door was open widely enough, his arms pulled you into a hug. He quietly let you sob in his chest before he spoke up: "Come on in, let's get you a cup of tea."
In silence, interrupted only by few of your sobs, you walked to his kitchen where he made you a cup of tea. With one cup in his hands, he sat down next to you and asked quietly: "What happened?"
Trying to hold back tears just enough to tell him everything, you started explaining him everything ; how your now ex boyfriend used to humiliate you in front of not only his friends, but also in front of yours, how he made you feel worthless everytime he looked at you and frowned, how you had to sleep with him whenever he felt like and how you walked on him on top of some random girl. And how he threw you out, telling you he is too good to be with a 'worthless chick'. Alex was a good listener, he never interrupted you, never laughed when you imitated your ex and never said "I told you it wouldn't end okay." He let you talk with no disturbing, no matter how much you sobbed or chocked on words.
"I know what can cheer you up," was the only thing he said after you finished talking after about thirty minutes. You looked up at him questionably.
"Follow me," he got up and headed to his living room, leaving you no other option but to follow him. When you entered his living room, you saw him kneeling in front of his giant TV.
"What are you up to?"
Instead of answering he passed you Playstation 3 joystick and stepped away from the screen, revealing what his plan had been.
"NHL 2015! Alex, how did you know?"
"I just know how much you love playing NHL and I thought playing NHL 2015 would cheer you up at least a bit," he smiled shyly. You crawled over to him and lightly pecked his cheek: "Thank you."
"What was that for?" he asked blushing and nervously scratched back of his head.
"For being such an amazing friend," you smiled at him and moved back to your side of the couch.
"Anything for you," you heard him mumble, but you had no time to think what did he mean by that, because sound of the game interrupted you.
"Ladies first," he grinned and gestured you to pick the team first.
"I don't know," you whined, scrolling past the teams.
"Can you say stop, please?" you asked him after minutes of hopeless deciding.
"Sure."
He said stop when you were on Pittsburgh Penguins. You furrowed your eyebrows, expecting him to stop you on Montreal. When he picked his own team, you realized he wanted you to play with any other team but his Montreal.
"And, Alex?" you said while you were waiting for game to start.
"Mhm?"
"Don't go easy on me."
His eyes got a mischievous glow as he grinned: "Why should I go easy on you?"
"Ladies first, things like that. Giving ladies a head start?"
He looked at you dead seriously: "Not in hockey, sweetheart. Beside, I see no lady 'round here."
"You said 'Ladies first' earlier."
"Yeah, that was before the puck was about to drop."
As the game started, he kept his promise and didn't go easy on you. Still, you managed to score the first goal.
"Wow, Habs suck if a girl can score," you chuckled and squealed when Alex smacked your arm lightly with his joystick.
Ten minutes later the score was 2:1 for Montreal. After Alex scored 2nd goal, he looked at you and mocked: "No wonders Pens are down by one goal if a girl is playing."
"Take that back," you laughed and stuck your tongue out when you scored a breakaway goal and tied the game. As the game went on, things are getting even more and more intense, mostly because of Alex's and yours competitive nature. You scored once more in the last seconds of second third, then leading by one goal.
You played the last third with no goals, only penalties, icings and offsides, intensifying the game.
Only few seconds remaining in the last third and Alex got a breakaway, all of your players were behind and he feared he'd score. But he didn't, earning another mocking comment from you: "Great Alex Galchenyuk can't even score a breakaway goal even though he is playing against a girl."
He shot you a nasty glance and you squeezed against the armrest of sofa.
"What did you say?" he asked, his voice ice-cold.
"Y-You've heard me. Alex, I was joking!"
"Were you?" he sounded serious and you started biting your lower lip nervously, never expecting him to behave like that. You had been friends for so long and he had never acted like that before. You didn't know he was joking, wanting to see how you would react to him acting like a moron.
"Alex," you mumbled and looked up. But the only thing you saw were his eyes, now glimmering unusually.
"What's wrong?" you asked concerned and slightly blushing. You two had been really close to each other, but he had never looked at you that way.
"Just looking at what that cheating asshole had lost," he mumbled while travelling down your cheeks with fingers, gently touching corner of your lips and ending on your chin.
"What did he lose?" you asked, your voice shaking in anticipation.
"In my opinion, a perfect girl," he said, gently lifting your chin only with his thumb. Moments, which seemed like an eternity, later his lips met yours. Shocked by his action, you froze on place, your eyes wide open and your heart beating like crazy.
"I am sorry," he whispered when he pulled away, obviously noticing you froze.
"Don't be," you replied and pulled him in for another kiss. You felt his lips curve into a small smile when your lips connected.
"Oh, and by the way, I won," he chuckled teasingly when you pulled apart and brushed an escaped lock of your hair.
"Oh no, you didn't. I totally won. It was 3:2 for me, remember?" your grinned.
"I didn't win the game, I won your heart. That's all that it matters," he pulled you in for another kiss, that time more passionate and heated.
When you pulled away to take few breaths, you whispered breathlessly while brushing your lips against his : "And I won your heart. So in each case, I win."
"You can't win against a Hab, especially not me," he chuckled and pinned you down on the couch, leaning down for another kiss. And you realized you could never get enough of the taste of his lips.

For chasingthecup ,hope you like it!:)