83. #52 Brandon Bollig (Calgary Flames)

I am back after ten days of volunteering on 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship Division II Group A and all I can say is...it was an amazing and unforgettable experience. But I had no time to write since I was running around for the entire day on game days and tried to relax on free days (Didn't go as planned, I never ran out of things to do). Hope you can forgive me:) This one is for DarkDemonKiller , hope you'll like it. 

"Mommy, do we really have to go to grandma's?" Jayden, your five-year old son, asks and pouts a bit. He hates going to his grandma, Brandon's mother, because she always thinks Brandon and you starve your kids and that they need to be fed on those rare occasions when you get to visit Brandon's parents. So everytime when you get back from them, Jayden and Sophie, your seven-year-old, are as stuffed as a Christmas turkey.

"Yes, sweetie, we have to go," you tickle his chin and peck his nose. He giggles and wraps tiny hands around you: "Is daddy coming also?"

"Of course he is. Sophie, hurry up! We are leaving in thirty minutes!"

"Already, mom?"

"I swear if you are on computer again..."

You walk into your 'office', where you see your eldest child playing dress-up videogame.

"Sophia Marie Bollig, what did I tell you about using the computer during the day?"

She sighs: "I was just finishing the game."

You prepare to scold her, when a sound of crying baby interrupts you. Cussing quietly under your breath you run to Brandon and yours bedroom, where you have a baby crib. You get to the crib and take the baby out of it.

"Shh, sweetie, don't cry, mommy's right here. Mommy's right here with you," you coo soothingly and press little warm body to your chest.

"Are you hungry? Or you just wanted to be held?"

You are so busy chatting with the baby you don't hear your husband come home. You don't hear anything until a pair of strong arms wraps around you and your back gets pressed against a familiar chest.

"Hello, beautiful," Brandon's voice feels like a melody to your ears and you lean your head back on his shoulder. He presses his lips on yours quickly: "Let me take baby James, okay? And you can get dressed."

"Thank you so much. How was practice?"

"A normal practice, nothing special. How was your day with three kids?"

"Interesting as always. We have to talk about time Sophie spends behind computer..."
"Let me handle it, okay?"

And before you can tell him not to be too harsh on her, he is gone. Few minutes pass before he comes back with a smile on his face: "Problem solved."

"What did you say to her?"

"Well, let's say I promised her I would not get into a fight for the rest of the season."

"You did what? Brandon, I support that, hell, that's the best thing I've heard in a while, but aren't you one of the 'enforcers'?"
"Yeah. But my girls and my boy hate to see me fight, so I guess that's okay. Beside, she won't be on a computer all the time, so it's worth it."

You hug your husband tightly, but carefully because you don't want to squeeze your baby boy.

"Now get dressed, we are late," he pats your backside and goes to the living room with baby Jack in his hands. You look as he leaves and wonder how in the world did you get that wonderful man for your husband and a father of your children.