45. #8 Dave Silk (US Olympic Team 1980)

This one is for amazing rachlove32 and I hope you'll like it! :D And yeah, since I have only one request left... requests are open :D

As I pull over on the parking lot in front of the arena where my mother sent me, I exhale deeply. I haven't seen my father for a long time, for more than ten years, to be exact. You see, I could say I was made by the accident, my mom being a fan of US Olympic hockey team in 1960 a bit too much and well, she got together with one of the players, who got cut only a week before the Olympics started. And that player was Herb Brooks, coach of a 1980 Olympic team.
But my parents are not in good relationships whatsoever and this trip to Colorado was a pain in the ass for my mom. She wants me to spend my free month with her, but this time I decided to spend it with my father. Damn, that sounds weird...

I enter the building through the main door and the first thing I hear is the sound of pucks hitting the boards and someone yelling orders to the players. I am guessing my dad. Quietly, trying not to get all attention on me, I slip through the door of an ice hall and sit on a chair in a top row, away from the others.

~SILK'S POV~
"Silk, put that puck in the net!" coach yells at me and I roll my eyes. God, I've never worked so hard in my entire life.
"Hey, Silky. Pst," Jack calls me as we wait for our turn. I look at him: "Yeah?"
"Look up the stands. Quickly, we don't want Herbie to see us."
Thinking he is pranking me again, I look up the stands, expecting nothing really. But there, in the top row, sits the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.
"Woah, she is hot."
"Told you. What do you think it's her business here?"
"Dunno. Maybe she will be our therapist or work with Doc," I laugh quietly while still looking up at her. And now I am not the only one who has noticed beautiful girl's presence. Verchota nearly ends up in Craig's goal, he is so focused on that girl. I start laughing, but thank god I conceal it with coughing. But deep inside I feel jealousy filling my veins.
"SILK!"
"Huh?" I get brutally dragged back to reality and I realize it's my turn. Has been for a while, going by the color of Herb's face and his expression. Yup, if I don't move right now, I am probably dead.
Later, after the practice, we head to the locker room, chatting mostly about the beautiful girl on the stands.
"Who do you think she is?" I ask Baker while untying my skates.
"No idea, man. But she is hot."
"Maybe Herb's mistress," Coxy guesses jokingly, making us all laugh. Well, almost all of us. Mac is being quiet all the time, so I ask him: "Do you know who she is?"
"Nope. How the hell am I supposed to know?"
But he answers too fast, making me guess he knows something more... or at least suspects...

~1st PERSON POV~
When the practice ends, I head to coach's office. I see closed door and I decide the best thing to do is knock.
"Come in!"
I slowly walk in and see my father carefully looking at the papers. He lifts his head and when he sees me, his face lights up: "Y/N! Come here."
He pulls me into a quick hug before holding me on his arm-length, observing me carefully: "You've grown in such a beautiful woman. You look just like your mother."
"Thanks, dad. You don't look bad yourself either," I smile back and hug him again. In that moment someone clears his throat on the door stand and we look at him. One of the players with longer brown hair is standing there and smiling awkwardly.
"Yes, Mac? Can't you knock?"
"The door was open. Yeah, coach, I just wanted to ask when's tomorrow practice?"
"Early. So no going out and get your beauty sleep," Herb answers with a sarcastic smile on his lips, making me laugh under my breath.
"Yes, coach. Good night."
"Mac. I see you are curious, who this girl is. She's my daughter Y/N. Y/N/N, this is Rob McClanahan."
I smile at him and shake his hand, before he turns around and gets out of the office. Dad and I exchange a look, trying hard not to burst into laughter.
"Well, Y/N/N, I have some work to do. I arranged you a room in our hotel. Just promise me, you'll stay away from the boys, they are like young bulls. Hormones raging, stuff like that."
"I will, daddy," I peck his cheek before heading back to my car.
Sometime in a following week a knocking wakes me up from my slumber. Still half asleep, I get to the door and open them, expecting to see my father. But no, one of the players is standing on my door stand.
"Y/N?"
"Who's asking?"
"I am Ralph Cox. One of the players. Coach asked me to keep an eye on you. I guess he doesn't want out therapist getting scared away."
With a wide smile, you shake his hand: "Thank you for keeping an eye on me."
"No problem," he smiles widely and you instantly realize he's a friend you need: funny, friendly and always up for joking. "So, can you get ready in fifteen? Coach ordered me to bring you to our practice."
"Okay, I will be ready in fifteen."
On the practice Coxy escorts me to the players' bench before heading to the locker room. Few guys are already on the ice and one of the guys stops next to me, grinning cheekily.
"Hello," he smiles, revealing white teeth. You return him a smile: "Hi there."
"Phil Verchota. And you are?"
"Y/N.  I am..."
"Our new therapist, I know," he grins widely while shaking my hand. I look at him, but say nothing. My dad must've had a reason not to tell them I am really his daughter.
"Yeah, I am your new therapist."
"I hope we won't get too injured," he winks before skating back to his teammates. Was he just flirting with me? Now I know why my dad wants me to keep away from them and why he asked Coxy to keep an eye on me.
Speaking of Coxy, he skates up to me: "Wolves are already gathering?"
"Nah, he was just being nice."
"He is the one who nearly ended up in Craig' goal yesterday, so I think he was trying something," Coxy winks, making me blush slightly as I mumble: "Not really interested in anyone. Beside, I've met you only a day ago."
"Pretty and smart," Coxy laughs before skating to my dad, who is now already waiting on the ice.
Today I have the honor of watching entire practice and being quite entertained by my father's remarks, his yelling and players looking like they hate him to guts. I notice Verchota looking up the stands quite often, earning angry comments from my dad like: "Verchota, get your head back in the game and stop drooling over her like a goddamn snail! Phil Verchota, even my son can play better hockey than you, you... you know what, get back on the line and do the whole drill again. NOW!"
Other players are nearly choking from laughter, when one of them looks up, our gazes locking for a split second too long. Unintentionally small smile draws on your lips and he returns you a smile.
"SILK! First Verchota and now you! This is unbelievable!"
Quiet chuckling is now heard from the ice as both Silk and Verchota blush dark red.
"Quiet everyone!" my dad cuts the chuckling immediately and guys start practicing hard again.