100. #43 Tom Wilson (Washington Capitals)

A/N: This one is for JayRenee21 , hope you will like it! Also, a 100th imagine? I have never imagined I would get so many requests and that so many of you will like my works. This book has been my baby since I started writing it and I am extremely thankful to have such amazing readers like you are to stick with this book eventhough at some point, I intended to stop writing imagines.

After four years of sweating on and off the field, studying hard to keep great average and your scholarship, spending hours in the recovery facility and trying to coordinate your long-distance relationship with Tom Wilson, your long-time dreams finally become reality. After playing four as West Viriginia Mountaineers' forward, you take a step forward in your career. Somehow, your prayers are answered and you end up playing in the same state as Tom. You sign your first pro contract with Washington Spirit of NWSL and move from the state of West Virginia to the state of Washington D.C.. Even more, you take your relationship with Tom to a whole new level and move in with him.

When you run on the field for the warm up, you hope tonight's game is the game. You are chasing your personal best, the record of having the most points in your career. You glance up the stands to see your number one fan, your boyfriend and your best friend, standing there with a huge sign. One of your teammates, another forward, Lilly, pokes you: "Is the cutie on the stands your man?"
"Yep. We have been together since my university years."

"Is this his first game?"

"I don't know if he has been to other games, but this is for sure his first game where I play."

"Are you nervous?"

You look at her and nod slowly: "Honestly, I am a bit. And not just because of chasing my own personal best..."
"I understand. I was nervous as hell when my fiancé was on my game for the first time. But trust me, you will forget about that as soon as the whistle blows."

She pats your shoulder and smiles. You nod and when she turns around, check the stands again to see Tom. When your gazes meet, he gives you thumbs up and mouths "My number one."

Lilly was right. As soon as the whistle blows, you forget the world around you. There's only you, the ball and your teammates. Nothing else matters, your brain automatically blocks any distractions and you focus on the game. You receive the pass from your teammate and start running towards the net, avoiding the opposing team's players. From your right side, you hear Lilly calling your name. Taking a quick glance, you nearly don't see one of the opposing players. You kick the ball to Lilly and a second later, you find yourself on the grass, a blinding pain flashing through your leg. You grab your knee and pull it to yourself like you are trying to ease the pain. Before you even know, your team is around you: "Jayden, are you okay? Can you walk?"

It's not the first time that happened. Even in your high school and university days you were known for your bad knee. Eventhough the opposing player barely touched you, that was too much for your knee.

"Do you need a doctor? Can someone get her a doctor, please?!"

"I am fine. Just give me a minute. I swear, I will be okay."

"Jay-"
"I will be okay," you look at Rosie, one of the girls on your team, the one closest to you, who also ordered a doctor.

"I think you shouldn't play today anymore..."
"Listen to me, it has happened before. I am okay."

"Can we at least take you off the court?"

"Help me get up, please."

With some help from your teammates, you limp to your team's bench and stretch out your leg, massaging your knee in the process.