60. #71 Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)

Not my best, but I have exams coming up, so it was a bit hard for me to focus. Hope it'll be okay though. This one is for Nikky_HasNoLife :)

Before you enter Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you take a deep breath. This is your first game as a NHL referee and your nerves are a mess. You've been told multiple times by fans, players and even few coaches in minor leagues that a girl has absolutely nothing to do in men's game. Not even being a lineman, let alone a referee. But you made it and you became that good even the NHL was interested in you. As soon as you got a call, you packed your belongings and moved to Pittsburgh. But tonight was your time to prove yourself.

Being a new girl in town, you have no idea where to go and you have to ask for directions multiple times. And even when you get to the arena, you feel a bit lost. Your first stop is arena's store, where you ask a kind salesperson for further directions: "I am sorry, but can you please tell me where are locker rooms?"

He looks at you and smiles kindly: "Sorry to tell you that, but you are not allowed to go to the locker rooms. Who would you like to meet?"
"No, you did not understand. I am a ref. Actually, it's my first shift as a ref today. And I am kinda lost."
"Wait, girls are allowed to be refs? In the NHL, I mean?"

You shrug your shoulder and smile before saying a bit impatiently: "I am a bit late... can you please tell me where to go?"

"Sure thing. And...I hope you'll make better calls than other refs, okay?" he smiles before giving you directions to locker rooms. You head down the maze of corridors until you finally reach the door on which there is a sign "OFFICIALS" hanging on it. Taking a deep breath, you open the door and step in. Three men in black and white shirts look at you. The only one with orange stripe on both sleeves asks: "May we help you?"
"Uh, where are the uniforms?"

Two linemen exchange a look before they look at you, while the other ref, named Ralph as you learn later, smiles: "You mean for an ice crew? That's refs' locker room-"
"I know. I am the second ref."

All three of the look at you until one of the linemen finally explains: "This is the NHL, sweetheart."

"So?"

You seize in your pocket and show them a letter. Another ref takes it and the silence falls upon all of you when they start reading it. After moments of silence, the other linemen, named Matthew, points in the direction of the fourth closet: "Your clothes are there. We'll wait outside, okay?"

They leave you alone, so you can change in a uniform and put on a helmet. Soon after, one of the other refs knocks on the door: "You ready? We are running out of time!"
You open the door and waltz out with a smile on your cheeks: "I was born ready."

The sound of crowd, the smell of ice and the feeling of anticipation. All that makes you feel like home. You take a deep breath and join the other refs on the ice, skating around for fans to see you. After the starting lines for both Pittsburgh and Los Angeles are announced, you take your position on a face-off circle. Just before you drop the puck, you hear someone say: "Nice view. How much does a butt like that cost for one night?"

You turn around, blood boiling in your veins, but you manage to keep steady voice: "Excuse me?"

"You've heard me, pretty face. Nice ass," Lucic quickly slaps your butt, making you up in surprise.

"Hey, hey, hey, you. Behave!" Ralph comes to help you, but before he comes closer, Evgeni steps up for you: "Don't treat lady like that."

"What are you? Her boyfriend?"