47. #11 Austin Farley (UMD Bulldogs)

For NHLObsessed, hope you'll like it(:

"Hey, Y/N, why don't you come over to my place tonight?" your schoolmate on University whom you study Criminology with, Matt McNeely, calls to you over the crowded hall of University of Minnesota. You feel looks from your jealous schoolmates on your back and all over you, making you blush slightly. Matt and you have been friends since the first day, but you never thought hanging out with him would bring so much hate. Not that you were the most popular girl in high school, you had few good friends and no one hated you for no reason, but university was a different story. Sure, Matt was one of the hockey players, meaning all the girls wanted to get close to him, but never succeeded. You, unlike them, are his friend because of him, not because of his status.

You approach him and playfully punch his arm: "No need to yell across the hall, you know? And maybe I will show up for few minutes."
"Come on. Other guys want to see you. Austin will be there," he tries to convince you. You blush and mumble: "So? He is your team mate..."
"Don't you wanna see him? We all know you like him..."

You punch his arm: "No, I don't and I don't know where are you getting that from?"

"You tell me. You look at him like he is god, you lose your ability to talk whenever he is near and not to mention, you are as red as a tomato right now. And I've just mentioned him."

"I hate you, you know that, right?"
"Yes. So...will you be there?"
"Fine, you annoying ass," you sigh and hear him chuckle. His arm snakes around your shoulders as he pulls you closer to him: "You love me."

"Do I have any other option?"
"Nope," he says, popping the "p" with his lips and making you laugh. Every girl close to the two of you looks at you, eyebrows furrowed in jealousy.

Later that day, right after the classes end, you and Matt head back to your dorms. Even though he lives closer to the university than you, he walks you home.

"You know, Y/N, I am really glad we are friends. You make me feel normal here."

You look up at him, secretly flattered: "You drunk?"
"No. I just want you to know that you are the best friend anyone could've ever wished for and I really wish you'd find someone worthy to be with you."

"Thanks, Matty," you smile and hug him. His strong arms wrap around you, pulling you closer and you realize you've never had a better friend in your entire life.

"See you at my place tonight then?" Matt mumbles in a crown of your head.

"Yeah. I'll be there, I promise."

"That's my girl!"

With that and the last hug, you say your goodbyes and you head to your room, where you start looking for the perfect outfit almost immediately. Not because of Austin... well, mostly really because of him. You stop in front of a mirror and sigh: "What happened to you, Y/N? You were never so nervous around a guy."
The answer is obvious- your mind, your preparations meant one thing. You are head over heels for Austin Farley.

"If I wasn't your best friend, I'd take you to a bedroom in this moment," is the first thing Matt says when he opens the door.

"Very funny. Am I the first one here?"
"The last one. Guys arrived much earlier. Come on in," he steps away from the door, letting you off the cold.

"May I take your jacket?"

You take of your jacket and hand it over to him: "You are being such a gentleman."

"Anything for a lady. So... guys want to play a game...you with us?"
"You know me. Which game?"
"Uh, Truth or Dare."

You look at him, mouth wide open: "Is this some kind of sick joke? I am the only girl here."