51. #77 TJ Oshie (Washington Capitals)

For hockeyobsessed70, hope you'll like it!:) Sorry if it's shorter:(

A year ago, you and TJ tied a knot. Ever since you've lived together in St.Louis, near Scottrade Center, Blues' home arena. Everything was normal, you enjoyed your life in St. Louis, you enjoyed long walks with TJ around the city, visiting ZOO and different parks, hanging out with other WAGs and the players. Until July 2nd, when TJ burst into your bedroom, stomping up and down it and silently cursing under his breath.

"TJ..."you quietly call his name and suck in breath when he turns to you.

"What?!" he snaps and continues with his marching up and down the room.

"I-Is everything alright? You seem...different."
"Everything is just fine. I guess Blues doesn't want me to play in their jersey anymore. Guess I am not good enough anymore."
"What are you talking about?" you ask him, concern now present in your voice.

"They traded me, Y/N!"
"They did what?" concern in your voice now replaced with shock. They can't trade him. You two have just settled down, bought a house, you even bought a puppy for you to have company while he is away on the road trips. The worst thing is, you've just found out you are pregnant and you were planning to surprise him.

"They traded me," he sits down next to you, face in his palms. He looks defeated and disappointed in himself.

"Where to?" you put your small palm on his shoulder, slip it all the way down to his elbow and slip it back up. Repeating the soothing move several times, you feel him calm down a bit.

"Washington," he mumbles. Then he looks up at you: "Right now you wish you've never met me, right? I wish I could give you a normal life..."
"TJ, baby, stop saying that. I love you and I will stay by your side no matter what. You go to Washington? Fine, I am going with you. When do you have to leave?"

"The sooner the better. I was thinking maybe about next week or something like that."
"I would love to go with you, but I can't. I have job here and few other things to arrange..."

He wraps his arm around your shoulders and pulls you closer to him. You rest your head on his shoulder and snuggle closer to his muscular torso.

"I know."
"I have something to tell you... it will change our lives forever, but I can't keep it secret any longer."

"Is everything okay?" he asks, worried, and looks at you. You smile while standing up and head to your closet. From the back of it you pull a notebook, which you decorated by yourself. It's titled My Path of Becoming a Father by TJ Oshie and it has a photo of your first kiss in the middle, surrounded by tiny pastel heart and ribbons. You hand it over to him and watch as his face changes from sad to shocked and then finally excited.

"I...am...going...to...be...a...dad?" he looks at the book and then at you, his gaze continuously jumping between you and the object in his hands. You nod quietly and whisper: "I wanted this to be a bigger surprise..."

"The news my wife is pregnant are the biggest and most wonderful news I could have gotten. I love you so much, Y/N Oshie."

He kisses you before standing up.

"I need to pack, okay? I will find a nice home for us. For our small family."

The next day you wake next to an empty bed, a small letter pinned to a pillow.

"Y/N, I am sorry for leaving you behind, but I want you and our baby to come to a real home. When you will read this message, I am probably going to be on an airplane to Washington. I love you and I promise you I will find a place for us to live. See you in Washington, baby. Love, TJ."

When you finish the letter, you are nothing but tears.

Two months later TJ tells you it's okay to come to Washington and you take the first flight there. After two long months you finally see your husband and a father of your unborn child. Few days after your arrival, you wake up to a scent of fresh cookies, oranges and eggs. Soon after TJ comes to your bedroom, carrying a tray with breakfast for both of you. He crawls in bed next to you and pecks your cheek, saying: "For my beautiful pregnant wife and cute little person." You chuckle lightly and kiss his lips. He smiles into a kiss and places his hand on your barely noticeable pregnancy tummy.

"Come on, let's eat breakfast. I want to show you around."

After breakfast, you get dressed and soon you are walking around Washington. TJ is talking about his new team, great hangout places he has been told about and the city itself. You two walk around, your fingers intertwined, and enjoy a sunny day in your new city. While walking around, you get stopped by several hockey fans, asking for am autograph and photos. TJ stops, has a small talk with each fan, but is being careful not to exclude you. Few fans ask you how does it feel being married to one of the most-recognized hockey players and you kindly tell them it's magical if you exclude days of loneliness when he is away.

After a good hour of wandering around, you stop in a small café and order drinks. As soon as you sit down, TJ takes your hand and smiles at you: "Do you like it here?"
"We'll have to get used to it, but I like it already. Do you?"
"You are here with me. I don't need anything else. And how's the baby feeling about it?"
You smile widely and put your free hand on your tummy: "Baby knows we'll be just fine here. All of us. And he wants you to know he loves you."
"So...are we going to have a baby boy?"
"I don't know. I want it to be a surprise for both of us. I don't want to call our precious baby 'it'."

He laughs and takes your hand to his mouth, kissing it tenderly: "I love you so much and I am so thankful to have you here next to me. This is going to be a great adventure for all of us."
"Living in Washington?"
"And having a baby. Honestly, seeing little one for the first time that I can't wait for it to happen. Not a first game with a new team. Not a first practice. Not playing against Blues. But to see the face of our baby, of a life we created together."

When he finishes, you are both on a verge of tears. You know TJ doesn't speak of his feelings often and this surprised you, but you are also touched by the honestly and love in his words. And you know one thing for sure. No matter what your future holds, everything will be fine with TJ by your side. No matter how many times you'll have to move because of hockey, no matter how many houses you'll sell and no matter how many stressed years is ahead of you, you know TJ will always be by your side. And you'd do the same for him with no hesitation.