96. #10 Alexander Wennberg (Columbus Blue Jackets)

For Nike_6, hope you will like it. And so sorry it took so long! 

You zip up your jacket before you step out of your family house. A wave of cold fall weather hits you in the face, but that doesn't seem to bother you. Whenever you are meeting your boyfriend, nothing can ruin your mood. You have been dating for six months now and you are still as in love with him as you were when you went on your first date. But this day, something feels oddly off, which is unusual.

"Mom, I am going out with Y/B/N!"

"Did you do dishes? Homework?" your mom appears behind your back. You look at her and sigh: "Homework almost done..."
"You know our deal. You are not going anywhere until your homework is done."

"Moooom, Y/B/N is waiting..."
"He is going to wait a bit longer."

"Moooom!"

But there is no use in arguing, so you kick off your shoes and stomp back to your room. It takes ten more minutes for you to finish your homework and you might even get there with minimal delay. After closing your notebook and turning off the lights in your room, you sprint to the main door: "Now I am going! My homework is done."
"What about the dishes?"
"Can I please wash them later? Please, mom, please?" you plead until your mom gives up and sighs. With a quiet shriek of happiness you run out and to the place you are supposed to meet your boyfriend. In your head you are thinking of an excuses why are you late, but you decide you will tell him the truth. Or you are going to give him a sweet kiss and joke that you are fashionably late. Thank god your boyfriend has a great sense of humor. And another thing you are thankful for is that your mother seems to like your boyfriend a lot. Sometimes you even joke she can adopt him if she likes him that much.

"Y/B/N?" you whisper-call your boyfriend when you arrive to your usual meeting spot. You are late, but your boyfriend is nowhere to be seen either.

"Y/B/N!" you try again and get no answer once again. Slightly panicked, you pull the phone out of your pocket and dial his number. What surprises you the most is the sound of his phone coming from beyond one of the bushes. With a phone on your hands, still dialing him, you approach the bush. Just in that moment, the leafs rustle and your boyfriend crawls out. You notice him buttoning up his shirt and breath hitches in your throat. He looks at you like a deer caught in car's headlights: "Y-Y/N, w-what are you doing h-here?"
"W-We were sup-supposed to have a d-date," you whisper, your heart breaking more and more with every passing second. Especially when he looks away from your eyes: "I-I..."
"Y/B/N?" a girl crawls out and freezes on spot when she sees you. her glance jumps to your boyfriend and she asks quietly: "Y/B/N, who is this?"
"I am Y/N. His girlfriend. And you are?"

She looks at him and whispers: "You said you don't have a girlfriend. I told you I am not someone's other woman."
"Well, uh..." your boyfriend looks at you and you see he might be even sorry. at least for a bit.

"I am sorry for fooling you, Y/N...but I never actually loved you."
Ouch. Ouch, that sting and his words hit your straight to your heart. You look at him again, look at the guy who you gave six months of your life. It is not much, but you are never getting that time again. You gave it to a guy, who clearly did not appreciate it.

"And when did you plan to tell me that?" you ask calmly, even though you are breaking on the inside. He shakes his head and you know the answer. Never. He wanted to play mind games with you and lead you to believe he loved you.

"Y/N..."

"Save it."

You look at the girl again and instead of feeling anger towards her, you feel sorry for her. she apparently had no idea what was he doing and you really can't accuse her of anything: "Hope you will be happy with him."