67. #43 Tom Wilson (Washington Capitals)

For CaptinAwesome, hope you'll like it:) 

It was Tom's last season before the Washington Capitals drafted him when you started dating. But before that happened, you two were anything but friends. He played for Hershey Bears and you played one season for Lehigh Valley Phantoms, which was making the two of you number one rivals.

~~~

"Ready to face Bears, Y/N?" one of your teammates asks and ruffles your perfectly braid hair. You smack his hand away and smile: "As I will ever be."

You pull a helmet on your head, put the gloves on and grab your stick, before following the others on the ice, where Bears are already warming up. You notice one of them occasionally shooting glances at your direction, but you decide to ignore that. After all, playing hockey is your priority and he is a rival. Captain of your team nudges your arm, making you turn around to face him: "What?"
"Why is that dude checking you out?"
"He isn't. I am sure he is watching our warm ups and nothing or no one else."
"He's been watching you since the second you stepped on the ice."

You wrap your fingers around the stick tightly and lean onto it: "Then I'll give him something to see."

Before he can even ask what's on your mind, you speed down the ice, skating past all of your teammates. Your main attribute on the ice is your speed, which makes you an excellent forward. With a corner of your eye you see that same player who has been looking at you all along, carefully observing you and whisper something to one of his teammates.

"Y/N!"

A second later the puck flies towards you and with it at the end of your stick, you skate towards the net and shoot a wrist-shot. Black rubber hits the back of the net and you stop by the boards with a satisfied smile on your face, which grows bigger when the captain of your team fist-bumps you before whispering: "You showed that dude what hockey means. Well done, kiddo."

"Thank you," you reply with a toothy grin and look at the direction of the Bears. You notice number 14 whisper something to one of his teammates and they both laugh. Going by their laughs and looks on their faces it's anything but nice.

I will show them. I'll show them how the game is played. You think to yourself and give them a mocking wave, which surprises them.

"Y/N, move! The puck will drop soon."

You skate to your team's bench, where coach starts explaining strategy. You listen to him, but hear nothing until you hear him say: "...and Y/N is on the face off tonight."
"What? Why?"

"Because you are a good player. And I think you deserve a shot."

"Thank you, sir, but..."

"She'll take it," your captain answers instead of you and gives you no other option but to accept the responsibility. Sighing, you nod in a sign of agreement before you skate to the face off circle. Where you face the same guy, that one wearing number 14, who has laughed at you.

"A girl on a faceoff? Well, they want you to be knocked down, eh?"

"You'll be the one to get knocked down," you hiss and prepare for the puck to drop. You hear him chuckle above you and that makes you even more determined to prove him he is wrong, that the girl can play hockey.

As soon as the puck hits the ice, you keep your promise and knock him down. He gets up and you know he won't let you get away with it. Being knocked down by a girl...every guy's nightmare. You pass the puck to your captain and speed down the ice in front of the Bears' net. You are the best when it comes to clearing rebounds in the net and blocking goalie's view.