87. #67 Rickard Rakell (Anaheim Ducks)

Here's an adorable Swedish cupcake for RoseLilySunflower, hope you'll like it! :D Also, Go Ducks ^^

You and Rickard met a while ago, when he was still a player of OHL's Plymouth Whalers, but nothing ever happened between the two of you despite the fact you two had an undeniable chemistry. Of course, your dad being his coach was not being in your favor and you have always been a good girl. So when your dad said no dating his players, you didn't even dare to dream about them. Still, you and Rick became better friends than you could've ever imagined. And you started to grow fond of a friendly Swede from Sundbyberg, especially of his positive nature and dedication to sport.

When the time of draft in 2011 came around, he came to your home and invited you to go with him.

"You have been supporting me all this time and if I get drafted, I want to share that with you. Will you go with me, please?"

Of course you said yes....but the problem was your dad, coach Mike Velluci. How would you explain why one of his players invited you to Minnesota for two days. One day, after he came home from practice, you attacked him with please until he finally allowed you. The rest is history. You accompanied Rickard to the draft, saw how nervous he was before getting picked and then finally how overjoyed he was when he was actually picked in the first round, 30th overall. He took you out on a dinner and the next day you flew back to Michigan.

Now, in the time of NHL Stanley Cup playoffs 2016, you are in your room, scrolling through your Instagram (honestly, you have been mostly on Rickard's Instagram profile. After all, you miss him, you miss talking to him.) when your phone suddenly rings. The caller's number is unknown and you answer hesitantly: "This is Y/N speaking, who is this?"

"I can't believe you asked that," adorable Swedish accent, which you could never get enough of, answers and it takes a moment for you to realize Rickard called you after all those years.

"Ricky?"

"Now you remember. How are you?"

"I can't believe you called. I am great, what about you?"

for few seconds he is completely quiet and then he mumbles: "Really nervous..."

"Tomorrow's game against Nashville, right?"

"Yes. And it's-"
"Game seven, I know, Ricky. I believe in you, guys, and I know everything will be fine."
"Thanks, Y/N," his voice breaks slightly, he was moved to tears and when he was like that, his accent got even thicker.

"That's what friends are for, Ricky."
"I wish you were here with me. Even if we lose..."
"You won't."
"Even if we do, I want you to be there. You have always known how to calm me down and I miss that."

Your heart breaks at how young he sounds. He is young, but with his voice broken like that, he sounded like a little kid.

"Rick," you sigh and unintentionally ruffle your hair. A thought pops into your mind and you quickly say: "I will call you back soon, I promise, okay?"

"O-Okay. Well, talk to you soon."

You cancel the call before you can say proper goodbyes and sprint downstairs. When you jump over the last step, the door close and your dad walks in, rainwater dripping from his coat and his hair.

"Dad, I need to talk to you!"

"What is it? What happened? Everything okay?"
"Everything's fine.... I just have one question. You remember Rickard Rakell, right?"