88. #71 Dylan Larkin (Detroit Red Wings) Part 2

This is the second part of widely requested Dylan Larkin imagine with flashbacks, hope you'll all enjoy it:)

~Dylan's POV~

Ever since that dinner when I saw Y/N again, I can't stop thinking about how much she has changed from the girl who I took rubber ducky away from to a wonderful young woman, who lights up a room with her confidence. Unintentionally I touch a piece of rubber, resting in a crook of my neck. It's weird how normal became for me to wear this necklace everyday. Normal to that point actually, I don't even feel it around my neck anymore, it seems like it became a part of me.

One day at the practice, one thing I have never imagined it would happen, happens. The string on which the little piece of rubber is, breaks. One of the guys hooked his stick behind it and when he pulled it away, the string tore. To make things even worse, the little piece of rubber fell down and I didn't even realize that until it was too late. Only later in the locker room I realize I am missing something.

"Larkin, what's wrong with you?" Tatar chuckles when he sees my face.

"I-I...Has anyone seen my rubber pendant?"

"The one you always wear?"
"Y-Yeah, that one. Has anyone seen it?"
"No. What's wrong?"

"Did I wear it before the practice?"

I look at Tatar, who slowly nods: "Yeah, you never put it down."

"I think I accidently tore it..." Tomas Jurco mumbles from his stall and I look at him. Only then I remember how something tightened around my neck for only a split second and how I thought the necklace was still there. Apparently, it wasn't. I quickly slip into sneakers and run back, hoping I'd find tiny black pendant. Unfortunately, the ice looks as clear as a mirror, meaning Zamboni has already done its job. And today I am meeting Y/N... Speaking of her...

"Dylan?"

I turn around and see her coming towards me in classic dark-blue jeans and purple tank top. She gives me a wide smile: "How are you?"

"G-Good...how are you? Didn't think you'd come here."

"Well, I wanted to see your practice, but I guess I am too late for that," she sounds somehow sad when she says that and my heart flutters. She came here to see our practice?

"I can tell you when the next practice is and you can come by," I suggest, offering her another smile. Her face lights up as she wraps her arms around my neck: "You would really do that?"
"If that would mean so much to you, then yes, of course I would do that."

"Thank you so much. So, are you ready to go?"

"Just give me ten minutes, okay? I have to change..."
"What were you doing here, actually?"

This is the right time to tell her I have lost her last birthday gift and I even open my mouth to admit, but no words come out.

"Just...chilling a little bit. And in case you came here, I didn't want you to see a bunch of old guys naked."

She looks at me a bit suspiciously before chuckling: "Oh, you can call them old guys, since you are the youngest one, eh?"

I chuckle as well before responding: "Yup. Well, not now when you are here, but still."

"Oh, how funny you are, Larkin," she snickers and punches my arm. I gently and playfully shove her away: "So are you, Y/L/N. Hey, ten minutes, okay?"