95. #90 Vladislav Namestnikov (Tampa Bay Lightning)

For razzedUP, hope you will like it. It's the first imagine to be published after (shorter) break, so sorry if it's a bit weird, messed up and short :)

You never though you'd be studying History at the University of Tampa. Now it's your last year before getting your Bachelor's Degree and you work harder than ever before. If your first year was full of dorm parties and skipping classes in the morning due to hangover, few years later your class attendance is spotless. And you also help younger students find their place on the campus and at the university. One day, you are waiting in front of the classroom along with your fellow students when your phone rings. You glance at the phone to see your boyfriend of six months, Vlad Namestnikov calling you. For a second you think of ignoring the call, but at the end, you don't do it.

"Yes, Vladdy?"
"How are your classes?"
"Actually, we are starting soon, so I..."
"Listen, I wanted to tell you I am waiting for you in front of the main building."

"What are you doing in front of the main building?"
You hear him chuckle in response: "Waiting for my girlfriend to show up."
"But... I have classes."
"I know. And you are going to miss them."
"I can't just...get up and leave!" you whisper in your phone and look around the hall, making sure no one is paying attention to your conversation. But no one seems to care about your conversation with your boyfriend in the middle of all this packed hall buzz.

"Come on! Please, please, please?"

You can almost see him trying to convince you with big eyes and a slight pout, which almost always works. You sigh loudly and unintentionally ruffle your hair: "I can't just skip one of the most important classes."

"Babe, we barely spend any time together and now you are refusing to see me? Why are you doing this to me? I drove all the way here...please?"

You sigh again and grab your backpack: "You are going to pay for that. I promise."
"Nope, I won't. You will love where I am taking you."

"Fine, fine, you won, you won," you cancel the call and pick up your backpack. You turn to your friend and roommate: "I... have to go somewhere."
"Are you going to skip class to spend some time with Vladislav again?"

"W-No, where did you get that idea from?"
"Come on, I know he called you."
"Doesn't matter...just, cover my back please. Please?"
"Next time we grab lunch it's your treat."
"Fine, my treat. Thank you, you are the best!"

The last words are spoken when you already take off and sprint to the main entrance before the professor arrives.

Vlad really waits for you in front of the main building, leaning on the passenger's door of his car. First thing you do when you come closer to him is shoving him back a bit: "I am skipping an important lesson for this, it better be worth it."

He grins and opens the door for you: "Trust me, you will love it."

He closes the door and moments later you are already driving away from the campus and your university. You open the window a bit to enjoy in fresh air and he turns on the radio before resting his hand on your knee. After few moments of silence, if blasting music is excluded, you finally ask: "Can you please tell me, where are you taking me?"

"Don't be anxious, we will b there soon."
"But still, where are we going?"
"You'll see, it's a surprise. Now shush and wait," he rubs your knee a bit and leans down when you stop on the red light to give your cheek a sweet peck.

Less than ten minutes later, he parks in front of the Tampa Bay History Center. You look at him: "You can park here?"
"I have paid admission."

You shake your head in fake disapproval: "Hockey players...."
"But you love one of the hockey players, don't you?"

You nod and crawl out of the car. Hand in hand you head to the history center. There are not many people, only few visitors here and there. Vlad squeezes your hand gently: "Are you sorry for skipping classes?"
"Haven't decided yet... I am impressed, I will admit that."
His face lights up: "I knew you would be! Come on, we have thousands of exhibits to see!"
"Not really thousands..."
"Why do you have to be such a sour wolf? What's your diploma about, again?"
You look at him: "I have never told you actually. But I am really interested in the life of Tampa Bay's first native inhabitants, how they shaped the history and what were their traditions... Why are you laughing?"
"I am not. You are so cute when you talk about something that happened hundreds of years ago."

"Hey, history is interesting."

His arm snakes around your waist and he pulls you closer, kissing your cheek again before whispering to your ear: "And even more interesting when you talk about it. The enthusiasm you are showing about something that happened a long time ago."
"Yes, but it still affects today's world. And that's a great thing about history, at least I think so."
"And I think it's great to listen to you when you get all excited."
"Now you are just too cheesy," you move away from him and ruffle his hair before slipping your hand in his. "Come on, let's get in, we didn't come here to spend the whole day at the front desk."

Even though he knows you don't like when he pays for you, he refuses to let you purchase entrance tickets. As soon as you enter the Lykes Atrium, you are taken by surprise when you see 14 colorful icons hanging from the ceiling. You glance at Vlad only to see how impressed he is. His mouth is wide open and he doesn't seem to find the words. You are the one to utter: "This is beautiful. This is really amazing."
"I-I agree..."

It takes some time for you to move to the next "attraction" where you spend a lot of time since the exhibition is about Tampa Bay's first inhabitants. Through out the hallway, you hold Vlad's hand and drag him after you, excitedly telling him everything you know. He has an encouraging grin plastered on his cheeks and when he squeezes your hand, that motivates you even more. After you make sure you didn't miss a single corner of first floor, you stop in Columbia Café. As soon as the waitress brings your order to the table, you smile widely at Vladislav: "Thank you for bringing me here. You were right, that's much better than classes."
He leans over the table and kisses you gently: "Well, I knew you know a lot, but...I learnt a lot today. Thank you for skipping classes to spend the afternoon with me."
"Well, if my next skipping classes will look something like today...I have no problems with that," you chuckle and blush at the kiss since you know you are not the only people in the café. After your break, you continue your educational trip and take the stairs to the second floor. There you take the virtual tour around Tampa and you stop for the longest time at War Stories, Witness to Change and A Land Remembered. Upon exiting the museum, Vlad stops and looks at you: "Now I see why you are so interested in history."
"It's really exciting, isn't it?"

"It is, it is...but I prefer when you are explaining it to me. I don't know how you make something...occasionally boring...sound so intriguing."
"Well, that's something not everyone can do. Only special people."

"Can I take this special history geek to a lunch date?"

You hesitate for a bit. After all, you already skipped important class and really don't want to miss anything else. But on the other side...dates with Vlad are pretty rare, him practicing or competing and you studying almost all the time. And stolen moments like that can't hurt you, right?

"Only one lunch?"
"Fine, fine. I missed half of the classes anyway. What do I have to lose?"

"Nothing!" he hugs you around shoulders and leads you out of the museum. You realize he is taking you back to his car: "Where are we going to have lunch?"
"Well...I was thinking of preparing lunch for the two of us...how does that sound?"
"You...can cook? What about your roommate?"

"Don't worry 'bout him. And yes, I can cook. And I think after six months of dating I can take you to my apartment."

You smile wide and step on your tiptoes, pecking his lips and tip of his nose. When fully on your feet again, you smile sweetly: "That sounds like a great idea. I would love to eat at your place."